General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Re: Peter Moran Shows His Anger (again)

Started by Jan · · Last activity · 4 posts · 236 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
26 December 2003
Last activity
26 December 2003
Original author
Jan
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
236
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Quoted message said:

    Subject: Re: Peter Moran Shows His Anger (again)
    From: Peter Bowditch [email hidden]
    Date: 12/25/2003 5:59 PM Central Standard Time
    Message-id: <[email hidden]>

    <snip>

    Quoted message said:

    Roger Schlafly

    Is not the subject.

    <snip>

    Quoted message said:

    Debates with people whose arguments are based not on facts but on
    blind faith

    Umm, like 68% of conventional medicine??

    <snip>

    Quoted message said:

    anti-vaccination liars, creationists,
    holocaust deniers, chemical voodoo believers, and anti-psychiatry
    nuts.

    They all must be loons, if they have a different *blind faith* belief system
    than you.

    ZZzz.

    Quoted message said:

    All that can be hoped for here is to provide a rational point of
    view and point out the inconsistencies and nonsenses in their
    arguments.

    Learned from *organized bainwashed medicine* blind faith believers, who *think*
    they are the only logical *enlightened* people.

    Smarter than God types.

    Quoted message said:

    I rarely respond to any "original" drivel that Jan posts because we
    have heard it all before and it has been debunked many times

    *Anything* outside or organized medicine, is debunked here. As a matter of fact
    the more debunking the more one can tell it is a subject that hurts the EGO.

    <snip>

    Quoted message said:

    I have a long-standing zero-tolerance policy on personal attack.

    Oh? That wouldn't be a *selective* zero-tolerance would it?

    Do show this zero-tolerance when Andrew starts attack John Bain with sodomizing
    a nativity scene. Would you call that personal??

    Do show us this zero-tolerance when Mark Probert does nothing but attack.

    Do show us this zero-tolerance when Richard H, Jacobson does his attacking.

    You are such a terrible liar, Peter, personal attacking is what your website is
    all about.

    Quoted message said:


    My policy with regard to Jan for the next few weeks is to employ these
    tactics only:

    1) When she calls ma a liar, I will ask for the exact words of the
    lie.

    Which I have always provided. I gave you word for word of your lies in your Ben
    Kolb story, you been asked to show where any such things were said. You have
    tried and failed to tell us it is opinion, but that doesn't fly as you made a
    statement that certainly things were said, when in fact they weren't said at
    all, and that is exactly why you were never able to prove your claims, as they
    were and still are lies.

    Start now.

    Quoted message said:

    I have a long-standing zero-tolerance policy on personal attack.

    Prove it. Show us this policy when the above mentioned posters or *any* poster
    does the personal attacking.

    Quoted message said:

    2) When she cites Scientologists as support for her anti-Ritalin
    campaign,

    It isn't possible for me to cite Scientologists as, first, I do not know nor
    care what they believe. Second I have no knowledge of who is and who is not a
    Scientologist.

    So you already flunked that one.

    Quoted message said:

    I will remind her of her remarks about how my atheism
    informs my opinions about quackery and I will also quote Hubbard's
    statement that Jesus was a pedophile.

    Your atheism has to do with most all your remarks, while I know nothing of what
    Sceintologists believe, I DO know how atheists believe.

    They are terrilbly mis-guided.

    There is a 1-800 atheist hot line. Call it,,,,,,,,,,,no one answers.

    Quoted message said:

    3) When she repeats the lie about mercury in MMR, I will remind her
    that she has been shown evidence by someone on her side that there
    never was any mercury in MMR.

    When you start on your rant about how safe MMR is, I will remind you, the issue
    is not resolved and I will post the site that tells you why.

    Quoted message said:

    ) When she repeats the lie about the origin of the word "quack" being
    a derogatory term for dentists who used amalgam in the early 19th
    century, I will quote Thomas Browne's use of the expression in 1646.

    Start now and do it til the cows come home, because in fact it is NOT a lie.
    The first dentists who installed metal in the mouth were indeed called quacks.
    Whether it was orginal or not, I really don't care.

    Ask you buddy Jarvis.

    He has stated:

    *Dr. Jarvis next noted the Importance of, and the problems with, being clear
    about just what quackery is. The word "quack," of course, dates from an age
    when mercury, or quicksilver, was touted as a cure for syphilis and other
    ailments by itinerant "quacksalvers." *

    http://www.ntskeptics.org/1989/1989novemberdecember/novemberdecember1989.h
    tm#jarvis

    Quoted message said:


    5) When she edits what I say in order to reply to her own fiction

    I have never done that, that is another false accusation.

    Quoted message said:

    I will simply reply with a 100%, non-edited quote of the message to
    which she is responding.

    It is called snipping not editing. No need to copy the whole entire post, if
    one just wants to reply to one point.

    There are several lies right here as I have pointed out. Get busy.

    Then do show how easy it is to admit you made a mistake. You have made several
    since stating that, you haven't admitted to them.

    Think de-licensed.

    Then begin a new practice of looking things up BEFORE you make such statements.

    You gift of gab isn't lost on anyone here, somehow you think if you keep
    talking and adding a new diversion, the subject will get lost.

    Doesn't work with me.

    Jan

  2. "Jan" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Debates with people whose arguments are based not on facts but on
    blind faith

    Umm, like 68% of conventional medicine??

    That is misleading.

    The allegation is that only 33% of RealMedicine is based on randomized
    studies. That may be true, however, it does not mean that the balance of
    ReralMedicine is based on blind faith.

    The balance of RealMedicine may not be verifiable by randomized studies, but
    can be verified as safe and effective by other means.

    The classical example of this is surgery. There is no way that surgery can
    be randomized in an ethical manner. Thus, surgery has to be shown that it is
    effective by other means, such as retrospective studies.

    However, this also does not mean that AltMedicine has been proven by
    anything, except anecdotes, which can be made up, embellished, etc. Remember
    the old kids game "Telephone"???

  3. Quoted message said:

    Subject: Re: Peter Moran Shows His Anger (again)
    From: "Mark ProbertDecember 26, 2002" [email hidden]
    Date: 12/26/2003 11:31 AM Central Standard Time
    Message-id: <[email hidden]>

    "Jan" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Debates with people whose arguments are based not on facts but on
    blind faith

    Umm, like 68% of conventional medicine??

    That is misleading.

    I think not.

    Quoted message said:

    The allegation is that only 33% of RealMedicine is based on randomized
    studies. That may be true, however, it does not mean that the balance of
    ReralMedicine is based on blind faith.

    Sure it does, no scientific proof.

    Quoted message said:


    The balance of RealMedicine may not be verifiable by randomized studies, but
    can be verified as safe and effective by other means.

    LOL!

    By the means of mouths like Mark Probert.

    All this ranting and raving about Jan is because I ask pointed queestion, that
    can't be answered.

    I expose the many lies told here.

    Simply as that.

    Jan

  4. "Jan" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Subject: Re: Peter Moran Shows His Anger (again)
    From: "Mark ProbertDecember 26, 2002"


    [email hidden]

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Date: 12/26/2003 11:31 AM Central Standard Time
    Message-id: <[email hidden]>

    "Jan" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    >Debates with people whose arguments are based not on facts but on
    >blind faith

    Umm, like 68% of conventional medicine??

    That is misleading.

    I think not.

    Quoted message said:

    The allegation is that only 33% of RealMedicine is based on randomized
    studies. That may be true, however, it does not mean that the balance of
    ReralMedicine is based on blind faith.

    Sure it does, no scientific proof.

    No, it does not, as I point out below, and you have failed to refute with
    any degree of rational basis.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    The balance of RealMedicine may not be verifiable by randomized studies,


    but

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    can be verified as safe and effective by other means.


    LOL!

    Yes, it can.

    Quoted message said:

    By the means of mouths like Mark Probert.

    No, and your snipping of my next comments, which I restore below, show how
    dishonest your comments are.

    Quoted message said:

    All this ranting and raving about Jan is because I ask pointed queestion,


    that

    Quoted message said:

    can't be answered.

    You ask question that are often irrelevant, and, when answered, you
    reflexively reject the answers, as you did with mine.

    Quoted message said:

    I expose the many lies told here.

    No, you misunderstand what others write here, and call them lies.

    Quoted message said:

    Simply as that.

    Jan, you response here is *exactly* why you are considered a loon. Here, you
    reject anything that supports RealMedicine , without explaining or offering
    any additional information to understand why you do so.

    Further, you snipped, without comment, an example I gave of why I am
    correct, and you are wrong.

    Here is what you removed:

    Quoted message said:

    The classical example of this is surgery. There is no way that surgery can
    be randomized in an ethical manner. Thus, surgery has to be shown that it


    is

    Quoted message said:

    effective by other means, such as retrospective studies.

    Can you refute what I have claimed? Note that my explanation has been
    mentioned numerous time in mha when the claim is made about only 33% of
    RealMedicine being supported by clinical trials.

    Quoted message said:

    However, this also does not mean that AltMedicine has been proven by
    anything, except anecdotes, which can be made up, embellished, etc.


    Remember

    Quoted message said:

    the old kids game "Telephone"???

    And, of course, you did not provide any substantive information about this
    point, which you snipped.

    So, please try to respond, instead of knee-jerk rejection and name calling.

    You will reap what you sow.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.