Re: Phlebotomy alternative to Hydroxychloroquine?

William R Thompson

Guest
Rusty the Cabbagehead Kid <[email protected]> got incoherent with:

> Recent developments in the medical world for the treatment of Lupus
> have seemingly taken us back to our distant past. Plasmapheresis,
> which is a variation on one of the oldest medical practices, has
> reemerged as a viable option for dealing with Lupus. Resembling the
> ancient process of bloodletting, this technique involves getting rid
> of the bad blood in the body.

Plasmapheresis is not bloodletting, Rusty, no matter what your
expert on the Kabalah says. You should know this if from your
studies of the tomb paintings of the Pharaoh Rootin-Tootin.
When are you going to tell us what you learned from them?

In other words, Rusty, why do you insist on fighting with both
brain cells tied behind your back?

--Bill Thompson

>>On Mar 24, 7:51 pm, "William R Thompson" <[email protected]> wrote:
Plasmapheresis is not bloodletting, <<

Seems it is good .. YOU are not the ONLY one who has the .. say .. as
to whether bloodletting and plasmapheresis are .. different ..

Seems those people .. without .. lupus .. believe it IS the .. same ..

But then again people with lupus have a problem with .. sanity .. so
it would explain your inability to .. comprehend ..

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?sec=health&res=9D06E2DD1F39F934A15757C0A964948260

BLOODLETTING IS REVIVED FOR A WIDE VARIETY OF MODERN ILLS

By LAWRENCE K. ALTMAN
Published: April 27, 1982
IN a return to the Hippocratic practice of bloodletting, once believed
to purge the body of bad humors and to restore the vigor of life,
doctors in many countries now are bleeding patients to treat a myriad
of disorders. The widely varying results have led to many medical
controversies about the practice, which is costly and timeconsuming,
yet has saved lives. Some estimates foresee hundreds of thousands of
these procedures being done annually by mid-decade at a cost of
billions of dollars.

In the ancient practice of bloodletting, all purged blood was
discarded. In the modern versions, the technique is named according to
the portions that are selectively removed. For example, in therapeutic
plasm@ap@heresis (also called plasma exchange or apheresis) the fluid
plasma portion of the blood is discarded. Dramatic improvement has
been reported among patients affected by the 50 or so disorders in
which it has been tried over recent years, disorders as disparate as
rheumatoid arthritis and mushroom poisoning.

Med J Aust. 1979 Aug 25;2(4):167-73. Links
Plasma exchange: a selective form of blood-letting.
Isbister JP.
The technique of, and indications for, plasma exchange are presented.
This selective form of plasma removal has re-established "blood-
letting" in medical therapeutics on a scientific basis.
It is the most appropriate therapy when hyperviscosity or haemostatic
failure complicate immunoproliferative disease.
Plasma exchange is also a significant advance in the management of
fulminant forms of autoimmune disease, but in many other conditions it
must be regarded as experimental.

PMID: 160005 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Who loves ya.
Tom

Jesus Was A Vegetarian!
http://jesuswasavegetarian.7h.com

Man Is A Herbivore!
http://tinyurl.com/a3cc3

DEAD PEOPLE WALKING
http://tinyurl.com/zk9fk

Rusty, the Wizard of Odd, <[email protected]> trolled:

>"William R Thompson" wrote:

>> Plasmapheresis is not bloodletting,

> Seems it is good .. YOU are not the ONLY one who has the .. say .. as
> to whether bloodletting and plasmapheresis are .. different ..

Bloodletting, Rusty, is letting out whole blood.

Plasmapheresis is the removal of plasma, returning all
other blood components to the body. Including,
guess what, the hemoglobin in the red blood cells.

Two different things, Rusty. Can you count up to two?

> Seems those people .. without .. lupus .. believe it IS the .. same ..

So not having lupus makes you believe nonsense?
I always thought you believed nonsense because you're stupid.
I wasn't aware that you blamed your idiocy on good health.
Are you hanging out here because you hope to catch lupus?

> But then again people with lupus have a problem with .. sanity

Let's put that to the test, Rusty. See how everyone here reacts
when you finally display some sanity. C'mon, Rusty, take off your
foil hat and let it all hang out!

--Bill Thompson