re: pics of our kitchens

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by elaine, Jan 18, 2006.

  1. elaine

    elaine Guest

    http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=m7ez6h
    http://tinypic.com/m7fhbk.jpg

    It took me over a week to find the time to take this. In between sanding,
    priming and painting the cupboards - it sure takes a long time for oil paint
    to dry.

    Originally I wanted a dark counter top. Now I'm thinking that a light
    counter top might be the way to go. We took out suspended cupboards where
    the phone is to the end of the countertop so lost some space.

    The yellow is where the backsplash will be. I may try and swing the counter
    around and make an island.

    It is a work still in progress. Thank god for all my good friends who have
    helped me out with this.

    Tags:

  2. On Wed 18 Jan 2006 06:21:36p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it elaine?

    > http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=m7ez6h
    > http://tinypic.com/m7fhbk.jpg
    >
    > It took me over a week to find the time to take this. In between
    > sanding, priming and painting the cupboards - it sure takes a long time
    > for oil paint to dry.
    >
    > Originally I wanted a dark counter top. Now I'm thinking that a light
    > counter top might be the way to go. We took out suspended cupboards
    > where the phone is to the end of the countertop so lost some space.
    >
    > The yellow is where the backsplash will be. I may try and swing the
    > counter around and make an island.
    >
    > It is a work still in progress. Thank god for all my good friends who
    > have helped me out with this.

    And a lot of work it is! Looks like you're doing a good job. I would
    never attempt it...I'm a lousy painter. :-(

    You should post more as the project progresses, or definitely at least at
    the end.

    --
    Wayne Boatwright Õ¿Õ¬

  3. modom

    modom Guest

    On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 20:21:36 -0500, "elaine" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=m7ez6h
    >http://tinypic.com/m7fhbk.jpg
    >
    >It took me over a week to find the time to take this. In between sanding,
    >priming and painting the cupboards - it sure takes a long time for oil paint
    >to dry.

    Tell me about it. Looks like you're making good progress, though.

    >Originally I wanted a dark counter top. Now I'm thinking that a light
    >counter top might be the way to go. We took out suspended cupboards where
    >the phone is to the end of the countertop so lost some space.
    >
    >The yellow is where the backsplash will be. I may try and swing the counter
    >around and make an island.
    >
    >It is a work still in progress. Thank god for all my good friends who have
    >helped me out with this.

    Good! Help is sometimes essential.

    modom

  4. serene

    serene Guest

  5. Sheldon

    Sheldon Guest

    elaine wrote:
    > http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=m7ez6h
    > http://tinypic.com/m7fhbk.jpg
    >
    > It took me over a week to find the time to take this. In between sanding,
    > priming and painting the cupboards - it sure takes a long time for oil paint
    > to dry.
    >
    > Originally I wanted a dark counter top. Now I'm thinking that a light
    > counter top might be the way to go. We took out suspended cupboards where
    > the phone is to the end of the countertop so lost some space.
    >
    > The yellow is where the backsplash will be. I may try and swing the counter
    > around and make an island.
    >
    > It is a work still in progress. Thank god for all my good friends who have
    > helped me out with this.

    Lookin' good!

    But why didn't you paint those cabinets before installation... would
    have been much less work to paint them outdoors, then set in a garage
    to dry, no fumes to breathe indoors either, especially with oil base
    paint. That's how the professionals do... could have used a paint
    sprayer too.

  6. elaine

    elaine Guest

    "Sheldon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > elaine wrote:
    >> http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=m7ez6h
    >> http://tinypic.com/m7fhbk.jpg
    >>
    >> It took me over a week to find the time to take this. In between
    >> sanding,
    >> priming and painting the cupboards - it sure takes a long time for oil
    >> paint
    >> to dry.
    >>
    >> Originally I wanted a dark counter top. Now I'm thinking that a light
    >> counter top might be the way to go. We took out suspended cupboards where
    >> the phone is to the end of the countertop so lost some space.
    >>
    >> The yellow is where the backsplash will be. I may try and swing the
    >> counter
    >> around and make an island.
    >>
    >> It is a work still in progress. Thank god for all my good friends who
    >> have
    >> helped me out with this.

    > Lookin' good!
    >
    > But why didn't you paint those cabinets before installation... would
    > have been much less work to paint them outdoors, then set in a garage
    > to dry, no fumes to breathe indoors either, especially with oil base
    > paint. That's how the professionals do... could have used a paint
    > sprayer too.

    I wish....... but it's chilly here in Ontario. I'm just re-doing and trying
    to save money. Here's what they looked like before. Will post more pics
    when I get the cupboard doors up. Whenever that is!

    http://tinypic.com/m7s7yv.jpg

  7. Sheldon

    Sheldon Guest

    elaine wrote:
    > "Sheldon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > >
    > > elaine wrote:
    > >> http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=m7ez6h
    > >> http://tinypic.com/m7fhbk.jpg
    > >>
    > >> It took me over a week to find the time to take this. In between
    > >> sanding,
    > >> priming and painting the cupboards - it sure takes a long time for oil
    > >> paint
    > >> to dry.
    > >>
    > >> Originally I wanted a dark counter top. Now I'm thinking that a light
    > >> counter top might be the way to go. We took out suspended cupboards where
    > >> the phone is to the end of the countertop so lost some space.
    > >>
    > >> The yellow is where the backsplash will be. I may try and swing the
    > >> counter
    > >> around and make an island.
    > >>
    > >> It is a work still in progress. Thank god for all my good friends who
    > >> have
    > >> helped me out with this.

    > > Lookin' good!
    > >
    > > But why didn't you paint those cabinets before installation... would
    > > have been much less work to paint them outdoors, then set in a garage
    > > to dry, no fumes to breathe indoors either, especially with oil base
    > > paint. That's how the professionals do... could have used a paint
    > > sprayer too.

    > I wish....... but it's chilly here in Ontario. I'm just re-doing and trying
    > to save money. Here's what they looked like before. Will post more pics
    > when I get the cupboard doors up. Whenever that is!
    >
    > http://tinypic.com/m7s7yv.jpg

    Definitely a huge improvement.

  8. On Wed 18 Jan 2006 08:45:21p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it elaine?

    > "Sheldon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >>
    >> elaine wrote:
    >>> http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=m7ez6h http://tinypic.com/m7fhbk.jpg
    >>>
    >>> It took me over a week to find the time to take this. In between
    >>> sanding, priming and painting the cupboards - it sure takes a long
    >>> time for oil paint to dry.
    >>>
    >>> Originally I wanted a dark counter top. Now I'm thinking that a light
    >>> counter top might be the way to go. We took out suspended cupboards
    >>> where the phone is to the end of the countertop so lost some space.
    >>>
    >>> The yellow is where the backsplash will be. I may try and swing the
    >>> counter around and make an island.
    >>>
    >>> It is a work still in progress. Thank god for all my good friends who
    >>> have helped me out with this.

    >> Lookin' good!
    >>
    >> But why didn't you paint those cabinets before installation... would
    >> have been much less work to paint them outdoors, then set in a garage
    >> to dry, no fumes to breathe indoors either, especially with oil base
    >> paint. That's how the professionals do... could have used a paint
    >> sprayer too.

    > I wish....... but it's chilly here in Ontario. I'm just re-doing and
    > trying to save money. Here's what they looked like before. Will post
    > more pics when I get the cupboard doors up. Whenever that is!
    >
    > http://tinypic.com/m7s7yv.jpg

    The paint is going to be ever so much better. And while you may have lost
    storage in the suspended cabinets, you've definitely gained a view and a
    lot of visual space. Good going!

    --
    Wayne Boatwright Õ¿Õ¬

  9. amgolf38

    amgolf38 Guest

    Interesting, Mary. Perhaps you can help me with this. I have noticed that
    there are a lot of men on this site; however, my question is aimed at
    women...single women. Since there isn't a "forum" for "love" food I need
    the single women out there to email me at [email protected] and let me know
    what they would like a man to cook for them when entertaining...and, of
    course, any other helpful hints you might be able to offer in that
    direction. I have cooked most of my life and, being from the Deep South,
    have never been concerned about it being a masculine trait since most of
    the men down here cook and like to eat good food. Help me...please.

  10. amgolf38 wrote:
    > ...spam...

    Hey.

    Needle-dick.