General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Re: Ping: Hag and/or Damsel

Started by Damsel in dis Dress · · Last activity · 1 post · 229 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
10 March 2005
Last activity
10 March 2005
Original author
Damsel in dis Dress
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
229
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Ginny Sher said:

    I'm in the process of making the delicious sounding Cheesecake Pecan
    Pie with Toffee Nut Crust.

    The crust calls for 1/4 cup of butter to be cut into the dry
    ingredients. I want to make sure the butter should not be melted
    before adding it to the other ingredients because there is no other
    liquid in the crust. I'm familiar with a traditional pastry crust in
    which there is a little liquid to help bind it. I'm not sure if the
    ground nuts will do the trick and add the needed umph to keep it all
    together.

    Also, I packed the brown sugar even though the recipe did not mention
    to do this. I don't think I've seen any recipes that ever omitted the
    'packing' part of measuring brown sugar... so I did what I thought was
    needed. Hope it turns out as it is supposed to...

    I have never made the toffee crust. Hopefully Hag will check in and give
    you the answer you need.

    Quoted message said:

    Damsel, I may have more specific questions for you later in the day...

    Uh-oh .....

    Carol 🙂
    --
    "Years ago my mother used to say to me... She'd say,
    'In this world Elwood, you must be oh-so smart or oh-so pleasant.'
    Well, for years I was smart.... I recommend pleasant. You may quote me."

    *James Stewart* in the 1950 movie, _Harvey_

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.