General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Re: Ping: Hag and/or Damsel

Started by Hag & Stenni · · Last activity · 2 posts · 276 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
10 March 2005
Last activity
11 March 2005
Original author
Hag & Stenni
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
276
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 10:12:25 -0800, Ginny Sher <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    Hi there.

    I'm in the process of making the delicious sounding Cheesecake Pecan
    Pie with Toffee Nut Crust.

    The crust calls for 1/4 cup of butter to be cut into the dry
    ingredients. I want to make sure the butter should not be melted
    before adding it to the other ingredients because there is no other
    liquid in the crust. I'm familiar with a traditional pastry crust in
    which there is a little liquid to help bind it. I'm not sure if the
    ground nuts will do the trick and add the needed umph to keep it all
    together.

    Also, I packed the brown sugar even though the recipe did not mention
    to do this. I don't think I've seen any recipes that ever omitted the
    'packing' part of measuring brown sugar... so I did what I thought was
    needed. Hope it turns out as it is supposed to...

    Damsel, I may have more specific questions for you later in the day...

    :-)
    Ginny

    no i dont melt the butter..and yes pack the brown sugar...between the
    butter softenin up as you work it and the oils the nuts release its
    tender but holds together well...sort a like grahmcracker crust in the
    handling, but much more stable after baking...Hope this is the info
    you needed and hope the rec turns out wonderful for you....Hag k

    Pull a Loraine Bobit (cut of Waynes Penis) to reply

  2. On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 22:56:47 GMT, [email hidden]

    (Hag & Stenni) said:

    On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 10:12:25 -0800, Ginny Sher <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    Hi there.

    I'm in the process of making the delicious sounding Cheesecake Pecan
    Pie with Toffee Nut Crust.

    The crust calls for 1/4 cup of butter to be cut into the dry
    ingredients. I want to make sure the butter should not be melted
    before adding it to the other ingredients because there is no other
    liquid in the crust. I'm familiar with a traditional pastry crust in
    which there is a little liquid to help bind it. I'm not sure if the
    ground nuts will do the trick and add the needed umph to keep it all
    together.

    Also, I packed the brown sugar even though the recipe did not mention
    to do this. I don't think I've seen any recipes that ever omitted the
    'packing' part of measuring brown sugar... so I did what I thought was
    needed. Hope it turns out as it is supposed to...

    Damsel, I may have more specific questions for you later in the day...

    :-)
    Ginny

    no i dont melt the butter..and yes pack the brown sugar...between the
    butter softenin up as you work it and the oils the nuts release its
    tender but holds together well...sort a like grahmcracker crust in the
    handling, but much more stable after baking...Hope this is the info
    you needed and hope the rec turns out wonderful for you....Hag k

    Pull a Loraine Bobit (cut of Waynes Penis) to reply

    I did cut the butter in rather than melting it and it came together
    perfectly. I also *packed* the brown sugar. I'll be making the
    filling this evening and let both of you know how it turns out.

    Thanks!
    Ginny

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.