Re: Please show me the way oh great one...

Edward Dolan

Guest
"Jeff Grippe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> And as long as we are on the topic of unjust criticism of Usenet style....
>
> Peter Clinch has a link to his personal website. If you look at it and in
> particular look at his bio, you will find that his signature is spot on.
> There is nothing about it to criticize. It is simply an accurate statement
> of his title. I'll grant you that some university titles can get long but
> as they go, his is rather short and seems to describe what he does and
> where he works.

[...]

Peter Clinck is an idiot of the first rank. He can post his freaking
credentials when he is communicating with his colleagues (although they
would laugh at him if he did), but anything other than that is in very bad
taste. Who gives a rat's ass about any of his titles on these cycling
newsgroups? No one else does it, but that does not prevent him from doing
it - does it? That is why I regard him as an idiot, deserving only of my
disdain and contempt.

Jeff needs to work some on his signature from my point of view. Just plain
'Jeff ' is revolting. Here is a suggestion.... 'Jeff - Smart-Ass New York
Jew.'

I am the only person in the entire history of Usenet to have a proper
signature. It is honest, succinct and yet modest. Most importantly, it tells
you who I REALLY am!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

"Jeff Grippe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

ALL TOP POSTERS ARE IDIOTS!

>I fear I am getting sucked into another conversation with Ed Dolan.
>
> Dumb-Ass New York Jew would probably be better since I don't know enough
> to leave it alone.
>
> Jeff
>
> PS
>
> If I start a thread on ARBR, please do not cross post it to RBM. If you
> start a thread then you can post and cross post it wherever you like.
> Leave my threads alone. The RBM people aren't interested and don't like
> it. Heck I'll be a lot of the ARBR people wish I wouldn't do this again.

Any thread that I post to will likely get sent to RBM as I want to drag some
of them over to ARBR if possible. However, if it is strictly a recumbent
subject I will limit it to ARBR. But very many subjects are of interest to
both groups and we need some input from RBM since we are such a small group.
However, I will take your concerns to heart and try not to call you a lot of
names on other newsgroups.

Note how NYC posts to various newsgroups. If this is done intelligently,
there is nothing wrong with it. I used to think that it was wrong, but no
more. A very small group like ARBR can easily be destroyed by a few
scoundrels. The more the merrier as long as the subject is interesting to
everyone.

By the way, do not worry about the folks on RBM. I have studied their posts
intently and they are mostly a bunch of idiots, morons and imbeciles. Even
the few smart ones are quite stupid when they get off their specialties.
Read Bill Baka on RBM as much as possible if you would like to know how dumb
it gets. Then read Claire to get the trivia that is ever the hallmark of
that group.

The worst large cycling newsgroup I have ever encountered is the Aussie one,
but the UK one is not much better. The thought occurs to me quite regularly
that we cyclists are just naturally kind of dumb and stupid. Apparently it
goes with the territory.