Re: Polite drivers.

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Russ, Jul 16, 2004.

  1. Russ

    Russ Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I ride a recumbent trike. I find - in general - drivers are very
    > polite around me. After a few discussions with passers by and so I
    > think I have the reason.
    >
    > It kinda looks like a wheel chair. Many many times I have been asked
    > if I can walk (what the hell do they think is spinning the pedals). I
    > am wondering if drivers think I have some sort of disability and that
    > they should be extra polite to me.
    >
    > Thoughts/comments?

    I ride a recumbent trike - http://tinyurl.com/32brk - and I am disabled and
    I can't walk.

    Drivers, pedestrians etc are generally pretty polite and patient around me
    so you may well be right :)

    Russ

    Tags:

  2. Mark Leuck

    Mark Leuck Guest

    "Russ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > Hi all,
    > >
    > > I ride a recumbent trike. I find - in general - drivers are very
    > > polite around me. After a few discussions with passers by and so I
    > > think I have the reason.
    > >
    > > It kinda looks like a wheel chair. Many many times I have been asked
    > > if I can walk (what the hell do they think is spinning the pedals). I
    > > am wondering if drivers think I have some sort of disability and that
    > > they should be extra polite to me.
    > >
    > > Thoughts/comments?

    > I ride a recumbent trike - http://tinyurl.com/32brk - and I am disabled

    and
    > I can't walk.
    >
    > Drivers, pedestrians etc are generally pretty polite and patient around me
    > so you may well be right :)
    >
    > Russ

    Nice looking trike, who makes it?

  3. On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 22:36:14 +0100, "Russ" <[email protected]>
    wrote in message
    <[email protected]>:

    >I ride a recumbent trike - http://tinyurl.com/32brk - and I am disabled and
    >I can't walk.

    Cool bike, Russ - I can't recall seeing a picture before. Do you ride
    on the roads much?

    Guy
    http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk