Re: Portland Oregon Unicycle Social

Ducttape

Guest
Jerrick wrote:
> Yeah, next time im making sure you go to the park. So many lines there
> for unicyclists.
>
> It was funny, 4 skater show up in their car, radio all loud, and im
> kinda excited, cause I like riding with skaters, but they see us, sit
> down, and start making fun of us a little, then Jackie does a 180 drop
> from a 5ft wall, and they shut up quick. After a few grinds and sets
> they ended up leaving, and didnt ride at all. haha.
>
> Two bikers showed up and they were cool and we rode with them and hung
> out.
>
> Im converting 2gigs of Phils video right now, and I get another 2gigs
> from the other Phil, then 18gigs from Madisons camera. Then ill be
> staying up till 6am each night working the video.
>
> Anyways, the trip was fun, and wasnt bad for a first event. Downtown
> was really busy compared to the other times I was in Portland, but it
> was somewhat a holiday weekend. The riding was fun, but next time, id
> like more of it, at more places, and not taking an hour to get a new
> seat. haha. But for a firsttime event, it went well.
>
> Im up for it next year, as me and Phil will know how to get around town
> better, and I know we will have more places to ride next time, so one
> place doesnt get over-ridden.
>
> Next year though, im taking a week off before it happens, so I dont
> wreck and have my beck messed up and limiting my riding (still messed
> up, but at least I got to get a lot of film).
>
> :)

I'm already looking for the places that I know are good to ride at and
marking them on maps for next year. I think it would have really helped
if we hadn't spent so long at serious juggling fixing unicycles but it
was fun either way... I'm still sore... hopefully if more people come
we can rent a big van and haul everyone around town to the diferent
spots.

--
Ducttape

'-*buy my shirts*-'
(www.zazzle.com/ducttapesunicycle*)
'*watch my videos*'
(http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ducttapesunicycle)
'*uniman comics*'
'*original thread for uniman*'
*'sigged quotes' (http://tinyurl.com/29b744)*

Ducttape wrote:
> I'm already looking for the places that I know are good to ride at and
> marking them on maps for next year. I think it would have really helped
> if we hadn't spent so long at serious juggling fixing unicycles but it
> was fun either way... I'm still sore... hopefully if more people come
> we can rent a big van and haul everyone around town to the diferent
> spots.

Haha, as long as on the way there, I dont have to pay for two tires and
I think 80$ on gas, ill be fine as long as the cash goes.

Phil, you owe me! haha.

--
Jerrick

-i am christian, and i ride for
christ.')-2xlegwrap-o'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9doz4jbiigy)
check out my 'gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/2zfklh).
member of the 'mris' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz).
just don't give up trying to do what you really want to do. where
there's love and inspiration, i don't think you can go wrong.
~jerrick-

Jerrick wrote:
> Haha, as long as on the way there, I dont have to pay for two tires and
> I think 80$ on gas, ill be fine as long as the cash goes.
>
> Phil, you owe me! haha.

haha, maybe next year you should take care of all that before the
trip.... just maybe... hahaha then you might actually get here on
schedule next time!

--

Ducttape wrote:
> haha, maybe next year you should take care of all that before the
> trip.... just maybe... hahaha then you might actually get here on
> schedule next time!

Well, we tried this year. Phil took his car in and had the tires
checked, the guy said they were fine, and Phil asked if they would last
the trip to Portland, and the guy said yeah, but even then, he was going
to buy new tires, and for some reason, they wouldnt sell to him or
something like that.

Im just glad the tire didnt blowout and send us flying out of control
at 70mph. There was one point, sitting right behind a semi, and another
semi to our left, I was just a little scared something would bad happen
right at that moment.

Hows the server going?

--

Jerrick wrote:
> Well, we tried this year. Phil took his car in and had the tires
> checked, the guy said they were fine, and Phil asked if they would last
> the trip to Portland, and the guy said yeah, but even then, he was going
> to buy new tires, and for some reason, they wouldnt sell to him or
> something like that.
>
> Im just glad the tire didnt blowout and send us flying out of control
> at 70mph. There was one point, sitting right behind a semi, and another
> semi to our left, I was just a little scared something would bad happen
> right at that moment.
>
> Hows the server going?

yeah at least you tried... and it worked out just fine anyway hahaha!