Road Cycling · Public discussion

Re: Post-flu recovery and commute?

Started by Neil Cherry · · Last activity · 1 post · 295 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
14 February 2005
Last activity
14 February 2005
Original author
Neil Cherry
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
295
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Patrick Lamb said:

    I know we've seen some interesting discussions about cycling when sick
    and when recovering in the past. IIRC, the consensus was to dress
    warmly, start slowly, and see how you feel -- if you're OK, go harder
    and farther, if you start feeling worse, stop.

    Any suggestions or recommendations on coming back from the flu when
    most of my cycling time is during a commute? That seems to constrain
    things a bit: if I start to ride, I'm pretty much committed to ride
    all the way in to, or back from, work; on the ride in, I've got a
    fairly rigid deadline (got to get there for the 8:00 meeting!); it
    seems the only flexibility I have is to start way early to give myself
    lots of extra time, and maybe to wear a couple of extra layers so I
    can slow down if necessary and not get chilled.

    For those who care, I'm much better, haven't had a fever for two days,
    and I'd feel great if only I could hock that darned gooey tennis-ball
    sized [censored] out of my lungs.

    I'd suggest at least 3 days off the bike and then a test ride, like
    Sorni suggested. Last year, I went out for a ride a few days after
    having the flu. The fever had broken and I felt fine. After the ride
    the fever came back and I was sick for 2 weeks (total).

    I just got over the flu, felt sick 3PM Saturday, fever broke around
    3AM, began feeling fine (no muscle aches) by 3PM. That was weird but
    I'm staying off the bike for a few more days. Of course I'm not
    commuting.

    --
    Linux Home Automation Neil Cherry [email hidden]
    http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/ (Text only)
    http://hcs.sourceforge.net/ (HCS II)
    http://linuxha.blogspot.com/ My HA Blog

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.