General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Re: Power Clean to Deadlift %

Started by Email address hidden · · Last activity · 1 post · 398 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
29 January 2005
Last activity
29 January 2005
Original author
Email address hidden
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
398
Views / 30 days
1

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. geek_girl said:
    25 Jan 2005 said:

    Date: 25 Jan 2005 16:10:05 -0800
    From: [email hidden]
    Newsgroups: misc.fitness.weights
    Subject: Re: Power Clean to Deadlift %

    geek_girl said:


    What's your point? What do you think "significant" means?

    The fact is, you haven't even shown that even a small % have
    significant problems.

    The fact is, I didn't say that they did. I said a significant
    percentage have problems. It's up to them to decide how significant


    the

    Quoted message said:

    problems are, not you.

    If you don't know the difference, then you're either complete moron,


    or,

    Quoted message said:

    and I hope this is the case, a troll.

    It's true that maybe once or twice in here I wasn't clear and just used
    the generalization that "HPV doesn't cause problems," etc. Of course,
    when I say that, I naturally am speaking about the general case, but I
    should be clearer, even though I have been usually, and you have
    corrected me or emphasized the exception when I haven't been: HPV
    doesn't cause problems in most, but it can cause problems (cosmetic
    long-term or cervical cancer) in others. Then again, it's often either
    very difficult or impossible for a guy to know if he has a type of HPV
    that causes cancer. It's not hard to figure out if you have a higher
    probability of it though, if a woman you have slept with has told you
    she's had dysplasia. Also, oral herpes can also cause death or other
    problems in very rare cases, or also in some people bad cosmetic
    problems. My whole point I guess is that there are risks in life. If
    you choose not to tell someone about oral herpes or genital wart HPV,
    or, generally if you're a woman, a high-risk (for cancer) type of HPV,
    then, yes, there is some small probability out there that they could be
    one who suffers long-term, chronic cold sores, warts, etc, or maybe
    even get cancer. Of course, they shouldn't get cancer if they get
    normal pap smears. But at some point the risk is so small that I look
    at others who perhaps don't tell and I don't judge them as being evil.
    We do risky things everyday in our life and we incur small risks that
    aren't told to us everyday in our lives. But, I guess, for some the
    risk is still too high. But, I guess my whole point is that if 1 in,
    say, 2 billion people were susceptible to cold sores or warts, yet we
    all had the virus, we wouldn't worry about telling others. Yet, the
    risk is higher than that, so it's not that clear cut I realize. Also,
    I sometimes cited the CDC and talked about 80% of women over 50 having
    had some form of HPV. Of course, this is an estimate. Sometimes I
    acted like it was set in stone or something, but I realize that's
    probably not the right way to look at it.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.