Re: Prescription Drugs

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Bronsing, Oct 8, 2003.

  1. Bronsing

    Bronsing Guest

    Jan <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > While the debunkers are busy trashing MLM, they have overlooked a few

    things.
    > It appears the pharmaceutical companies are guilty of lots of false
    > advertising. shhhhhhhhhhhhh.
    >
    > Jan

    The cited article is not about false advertising, but about that advertising
    for prescription drugs doesn't have the effect the companies would like them
    to have.

    --

    Robert Bronsing

    Can't you see?
    It all makes perfect sense,
    expressed in dollars and cents, pounds, shillings and pence

    (R. Waters)

    Tags:

  2. Jan

    Jan Guest

    >Subject: Re: Prescription Drugs
    >From: "Bronsing" [email protected]
    >Date: 10/8/2003 6:30 AM Pacific Standard Time
    >

    >Jan <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]
    >> While the debunkers are busy trashing MLM, they have overlooked a few

    >things.
    >> It appears the pharmaceutical companies are guilty of lots of false
    >> advertising. shhhhhhhhhhhhh.
    >>
    >> Jan
    >>

    >The cited article is not about false advertising, but about that advertising
    >for prescription drugs doesn't have the effect the companies would like them
    >to have.

    **overblown**

    ***they don't need or on expensive
    pills that don't work any better than cheaper versions****

    ***"We have words of art in medicine that are innately deceptive," ***

    ***But that is because a 200-milligram capsule of Celebrex costs $2.50, while
    an extra-strength Excedrin pill costs 90 cents***

    ***Prescription drug ads are a relatively new phenomenon, and drug firms still
    have a lot to learn about making them.**

    **The world might be a better place if drug companies could tell their stories
    more clearly **

    It is amazing how you missed all that, Robert.

    Jan