Re: Pro Tour Losing Life?

Keith

Guest
On Fri, 2 May 2008 18:03:24 -0700, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com>
wrote:

>Well, what use is a Pro Tour if a large percentage of those competing aren't
>at a majority of the races? And if the UCI puts these races all around the
>world you can bet that will happen. Say for instance that American racers
>race the American Pro Tour race. They probably aren't going to go to China
>to race one there. And in all likelihood neither will they go off to Europe.
>It will be a local race to most people and the entire idea of a Pro Tour
>then loses most of its impact.

Who cares about races in America or China, Europe's where it's at when
it comes to serious cycling, go back to sleep dude

On May 2, 6:16 pm, Keith <[email protected]> wrote:

> Who cares about races in America or China, Europe's where it's at when
> it comes to serious cycling, go back to sleep dude

Give the Tour of America a chance. At six weeks it could overshadow
two Grand Tours.

In article
<ba2dd6c0-bb80-47a5-bc32-bcaa10d47499@q27g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
[email protected] wrote:

> On May 2, 6:16 pm, Keith <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Who cares about races in America or China, Europe's where it's at when
> > it comes to serious cycling, go back to sleep dude

> Give the Tour of America a chance. At six weeks it could overshadow
> two Grand Tours.

Let's call this the "RAAM theory."

Now, let's pretend you didn't say something that silly.

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
> In article
> <ba2dd6c0-bb80-47a5-bc32-bcaa10d47499@q27g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
> [email protected] wrote:
>
>> On May 2, 6:16 pm, Keith <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> Who cares about races in America or China, Europe's where it's at when
>>> it comes to serious cycling, go back to sleep dude

>> Give the Tour of America a chance. At six weeks it could overshadow
>> two Grand Tours.

> Let's call this the "RAAM theory."
>
> Now, let's pretend you didn't say something that silly.

Isn't that what we usually* do?

* Where the word "usually" refers to something bell shaped and metallic
that we stick out heads in, and bang them around.

Fred Fredburger wrote:
> Isn't that what we usually* do?
>
> * Where the word "usually" refers to something bell shaped and metallic
> that we stick out heads in, and bang them around.

I prefer something breast shaped and soft. I can't comment on what gets
stuck in or banged around.

In article <[email protected]>,
Fred Fredburger <[email protected]> wrote:

> Ryan Cousineau wrote:
> > In article
> > <ba2dd6c0-bb80-47a5-bc32-bcaa10d47499@q27g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
> > [email protected] wrote:

> >> Give the Tour of America a chance. At six weeks it could overshadow
> >> two Grand Tours.

> > Let's call this the "RAAM theory."
> >
> > Now, let's pretend you didn't say something that silly.
> >

> Isn't that what we usually* do?
>
> * Where the word "usually" refers to something bell shaped and metallic
> that we stick out heads in, and bang them around.

Well, yes. That's a great point.