Re: Protein / Fats/ Carbs relative to bodyweight

elzinator

Guest
Ignoramus30020 wrote:
> What is not so obvious, though, is whether aging is mostly due to
> oxidative stress, or to something else. I believe that it has not yet
> been settled quite well. Oxidative stress may be easier to measure,
> but is it really the driver of aging?

Aging is not due to one factor or another factor (there are few rare
monogenic causes of aging). It is a multifactorial process, a point
many tend to forget.

wrote:
> > Ignoramus30020 wrote:
> >> What is not so obvious, though, is whether aging is mostly due to
> >> oxidative stress, or to something else. I believe that it has not

yet
> >> been settled quite well. Oxidative stress may be easier to

measure,
> >> but is it really the driver of aging?

> > Aging is not due to one factor or another factor (there are few

rare
> > monogenic causes of aging). It is a multifactorial process, a point
> > many tend to forget.
> >

> I agree with your general statement. The question that is in my mind
> though, is whether oxidative stress is even a factor in that
> multifactorial process of aging.

Yes, it is. The plethora of scientific and epi research supports it as
an aging factor. But it is one of many in a big box of aging factors.