Re: published helmet research - not troll

"Bill Z." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Oh, and if you do drop by, don't be surprised if you end up in the
> slammer for a second time, and your post would be used as evidence
> against you. Not very smart of you, one would think.

Give me your address and we'll see about it Bill.

"Tom Kunich" wrote ...

> Give me your address and we'll see about it Bill.

I go away for what -- six weeks, and this thread, which was already
encyclopaedic, is still alive? Should you be mucking around with bikes or
something Tommo?

JF

Jim Flom said:
"Tom Kunich" wrote ...

> Give me your address and we'll see about it Bill.

I go away for what -- six weeks, and this thread, which was already
encyclopaedic, is still alive? Should you be mucking around with bikes or
something Tommo?

JF

So, what's this thread about? Helmet drag or just helmets? Helmet laws, helmet colours or just chin straps? Is it about anything? Whats the lowdown, I don wanna read back, too many posts. Who is winning? Helmet, Helmetless, Hairnets, Cycling caps, Bald or Stetsons?

Frank Krygowski <[email protected]> writes:

> Bill Z. wrote:
>
> > I never claimed every conceivable helmet design reduces air drag.

> True. You claimed _your_ helmet reduces air drag.
>
> And, when asked, you refused to even tell what model _your_ helmet is.

Actually, I claimed that I had a typical "teardrop shaped" helmet
that would reduce air drag by a very slight amount and that it is
typical of many helmets.

> Sometimes, Bill, when _everyone_ thinks you're wrong, it's because
> you're actually wrong!

You and two of your minion-trolls are not everyone.

--
My real name backwards: nemuaZ lliB

"Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> writes:

> "Bill Z." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > Oh, and if you do drop by, don't be surprised if you end up in the
> > slammer for a second time, and your post would be used as evidence
> > against you. Not very smart of you, one would think.

> Give me your address and we'll see about it Bill.

Is that a threat, Tommy? Nope, you'll not get an invitation, so
if you do show up, I can get you charged for stalking as well. A
little jail time for you would be a big plus for these newsgroups
as you wouldn't be able to post anything.

--

Bill Z. wrote:

> Frank Krygowski <[email protected]> writes:
>

>>Bill Z. wrote:
>>

>>>I never claimed every conceivable helmet design reduces air drag.

>>True. You claimed _your_ helmet reduces air drag.
>>
>>And, when asked, you refused to even tell what model _your_ helmet is.

> Actually, I claimed that I had a typical "teardrop shaped" helmet
> that would reduce air drag by a very slight amount and that it is
> typical of many helmets.

Give us the make and model, Bill, or have the sense to slink away in
embarrassment.

--
--------------------+
replace with cc.ysu dot edu]

Frank Krygowski <[email protected]> writes:

> Bill Z. wrote:
>
> > Frank Krygowski <[email protected]> writes:

> >>True. You claimed _your_ helmet reduces air drag.
> >>
> >>And, when asked, you refused to even tell what model _your_ helmet is.

> > Actually, I claimed that I had a typical "teardrop shaped" helmet
> > that would reduce air drag by a very slight amount and that it is
> > typical of many helmets.

> Give us the make and model, Bill, or have the sense to slink away in
> embarrassment.

It's simply none of your business. I pointed out that it is a typical
"teardrop-shaped helmet" with a moderate, but not extreme, number of
vents and nothing particularly extreme in its design. You know, kind
of middle-of-the road, dull, and boring, but better than a symmetric
design like a Bell V1 Pro. That's all you need to know. I might have
mentioned it as an example, but it is pretty much a typical design.

Your "slink away" rhetoric just won't fly. It is typical of you,
though, which is why I've always viewed you as a sleazy character - a
wannabe politician type. You fit in quite well, though, as a slicker
version of your cohorts, which include a baby-talking troll and a
girlfriend basher. Nice company you keep, Frank.

--
My real name backwards: nemuaZ lliB

On 10/18/2004 08:29 PM, in article [email protected], "Bill
Z." <[email protected]> wrote:

> Frank Krygowski <[email protected]> writes:
>
>> Bill Z. wrote:
>>
>>> I never claimed every conceivable helmet design reduces air drag.

>> True. You claimed _your_ helmet reduces air drag.
>>
>> And, when asked, you refused to even tell what model _your_ helmet is.

> Actually, I claimed that I had a typical "teardrop shaped" helmet
> that would reduce air drag by a very slight amount and that it is
> typical of many helmets.
>

>> Sometimes, Bill, when _everyone_ thinks you're wrong, it's because
>> you're actually wrong!

> You and two of your minion-trolls are not everyone.

Who cares?

Now shut up and go away.

--
Steven L. Sheffield
stevens at veloworks dot com

On 10/18/2004 08:35 PM, in article [email protected], "Bill
Z." <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> writes:
>
>> "Bill Z." <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>>
>>> Oh, and if you do drop by, don't be surprised if you end up in the
>>> slammer for a second time, and your post would be used as evidence
>>> against you. Not very smart of you, one would think.

>> Give me your address and we'll see about it Bill.

> Is that a threat, Tommy? Nope, you'll not get an invitation, so
> if you do show up, I can get you charged for stalking as well. A
> little jail time for you would be a big plus for these newsgroups
> as you wouldn't be able to post anything.

Who cares?

Now shut up and go away.

--
Steven L. Sheffield
stevens at veloworks dot com
veloworks at worldnet dot ay tea tee dot net
double-yew double-ewe dot veloworks dot com [four word] slash

On 10/18/2004 10:15 PM, in article [email protected], "Frank Krygowski"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Bill Z. wrote:
>
>> Frank Krygowski <[email protected]> writes:

>>> True. You claimed _your_ helmet reduces air drag.
>>>
>>> And, when asked, you refused to even tell what model _your_ helmet is.

>> Actually, I claimed that I had a typical "teardrop shaped" helmet
>> that would reduce air drag by a very slight amount and that it is
>> typical of many helmets.

> Give us the make and model, Bill, or have the sense to slink away in
> embarrassment.

Who cares?

Now shut up and go away.

--
Steven L. Sheffield
stevens at veloworks dot com
veloworks at worldnet dot ay tea tee dot net
double-yew double-ewe dot veloworks dot com [four word] slash

On 10/18/2004 11:27 PM, in article [email protected], "Bill
Z." <[email protected]> wrote:

> Frank Krygowski <[email protected]> writes:
>
>> Bill Z. wrote:

>>> Actually, I claimed that I had a typical "teardrop shaped" helmet
>>> that would reduce air drag by a very slight amount and that it is
>>> typical of many helmets.

>> Give us the make and model, Bill, or have the sense to slink away in
>> embarrassment.

> It's simply none of your business. I pointed out that it is a typical
> "teardrop-shaped helmet" with a moderate, but not extreme, number of
> vents and nothing particularly extreme in its design. You know, kind
> of middle-of-the road, dull, and boring, but better than a symmetric
> design like a Bell V1 Pro. That's all you need to know. I might have
> mentioned it as an example, but it is pretty much a typical design.
>
> Your "slink away" rhetoric just won't fly. It is typical of you,
> though, which is why I've always viewed you as a sleazy character - a
> wannabe politician type. You fit in quite well, though, as a slicker
> version of your cohorts, which include a baby-talking troll and a
> girlfriend basher. Nice company you keep, Frank.

Who cares?

Now shut up and go away.

--
Steven L. Sheffield
stevens at veloworks dot com
veloworks at worldnet dot ay tea tee dot net
double-yew double-ewe dot veloworks dot com [four word] slash

"Bill Z." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Frank Krygowski <[email protected]> writes:
>>
>> Give us the make and model, Bill, or have the sense to slink away in
>> embarrassment.

> It's simply none of your business. I pointed out that it is a typical
> "teardrop-shaped helmet" with a moderate, but not extreme, number of
> vents and nothing particularly extreme in its design.

And yet the most extreme design without vents wasn't as aerodynamic as a
bald head. Explain how your helmet with vents can be more aerodynamic than a
V1 Pro.

Oh, that's right - your proof of that proved just the opposite.

"Steven L. Sheffield" <[email protected]> writes:

> On 10/18/2004 08:29 PM, in article [email protected], "Bill
> Z." <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Frank Krygowski <[email protected]> writes:
> >
> >> Bill Z. wrote:
> >>

> > You and two of your minion-trolls are not everyone.

> Who cares?
> Now shut up and go away.

These bozos are posting far more on the topic than I am. Blame
them.

--
My real name backwards: nemuaZ lliB

"Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> writes:

> "Bill Z." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Frank Krygowski <[email protected]> writes:
> >>
> >> Give us the make and model, Bill, or have the sense to slink away in
> >> embarrassment.

> > It's simply none of your business. I pointed out that it is a typical
> > "teardrop-shaped helmet" with a moderate, but not extreme, number of
> > vents and nothing particularly extreme in its design.

> And yet the most extreme design without vents wasn't as aerodynamic as a
> bald head. Explain how your helmet with vents can be more aerodynamic than a
> V1 Pro.

A V1 Pro has vents. Mine does too, plus having a more aerodyanmic
shape. Is that *really* so hard for you to understand? And a bald
head is not relevant when you are not going to shave your head in
any case.

> Oh, that's right - your proof of that proved just the opposite.

Nope, and repeating yourself won't make it so.

--
My real name backwards: nemuaZ lliB

On 10/19/2004 11:54 PM, in article [email protected], "Bill
Z." <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Steven L. Sheffield" <[email protected]> writes:
>
>> On 10/18/2004 08:29 PM, in article [email protected], "Bill
>> Z." <[email protected]> wrote:

>>> You and two of your minion-trolls are not everyone.

>> Who cares?
>> Now shut up and go away.

> These bozos are posting far more on the topic than I am. Blame
> them.

And because they post you have to respond? You have this need to get the
last word in? Isn't that a bit irrational?

Who cares?
Now shut up and go away.

--
Steven L. Sheffield
stevens at veloworks dot com
veloworks at worldnet dot ay tea tee dot net
double-yew double-ewe dot veloworks dot com [four word] slash

On 10/19/2004 07:59 PM, in article
[email protected], "Tom Kunich"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> "Bill Z." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Frank Krygowski <[email protected]> writes:
>>>
>>> Give us the make and model, Bill, or have the sense to slink away in
>>> embarrassment.

>> It's simply none of your business. I pointed out that it is a typical
>> "teardrop-shaped helmet" with a moderate, but not extreme, number of
>> vents and nothing particularly extreme in its design.

> And yet the most extreme design without vents wasn't as aerodynamic as a
> bald head. Explain how your helmet with vents can be more aerodynamic than a
> V1 Pro.
>
> Oh, that's right - your proof of that proved just the opposite.

Who cares?
Now shut up and go away.

--
Steven L. Sheffield
stevens at veloworks dot com
veloworks at worldnet dot ay tea tee dot net
double-yew double-ewe dot veloworks dot com [four word] slash

Bill Z. wrote:

> A V1 Pro has vents. Mine does too, plus having a more aerodyanmic
> shape.

I know of no ordinary, off-the-shelf helmet that's been shown to have a
"more aerodynamic shape" than a V1 Pro, and I'm sure I've got more
experience measuring aerodynamic drag than you have.

You could prove me wrong, of course. Just tell us the make and model of
your helmet, the one you're making these claims for. And point us to
the drag measurements that you're using to make your conclusion.

If you won't, it makes it clear that you're just trying to avoid proving
yourself a liar.

Unsuccessfully, of course!

--
Frank Krygowski [To reply, remove rodent and vegetable dot com.
Substitute cc dot ysu dot