Re: Puff Pastry

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by jjj, Jan 17, 2005.

  1. jjj

    jjj Guest

    Is this all you can say? Every time I see your reply it is ______ is no low
    carb.

    "JC Der Koenig" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Pastry is not low carb.
    >
    > --
    > Most people are dumb as bricks; some people are dumber than that. -- MFW
    >

    > "elise" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > >A real challenge - has anyone here successfully made a replacement for

    Puff
    > > pastry or should I just replace it with a few sheets of Filo??
    > >
    > > Just got a real craving for Chicken & Mushroom pie and I really fancy

    the
    > > 'bite'
    > > of the pastry as it flakes(drool) the filling isn't enough on it's own,
    > > somehow
    > >

    > > --
    > > Elise
    > > http://uk.photos.yahoo.com/elisebutt

    Tags:

  2. curt

    curt Guest

    He has a very limited mind. He is doing the best he can now that he is on
    his own out of the mental ward. I am not sure he takes his meds though. He
    turned 50 and they released him for the first time. I am sure it is hard
    for him.

    Enjoy,
    Curt

    "jjj" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Is this all you can say? Every time I see your reply it is ______ is no

    low
    > carb.
    >
    > "JC Der Koenig" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > Pastry is not low carb.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Most people are dumb as bricks; some people are dumber than that. --

    MFW

    > > "elise" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]
    > > >A real challenge - has anyone here successfully made a replacement for

    > Puff
    > > > pastry or should I just replace it with a few sheets of Filo??
    > > >
    > > > Just got a real craving for Chicken & Mushroom pie and I really fancy

    > the
    > > > 'bite'
    > > > of the pastry as it flakes(drool) the filling isn't enough on it's

    own,
    > > > somehow
    > > >

    > > > --
    > > > Elise
    > > > http://uk.photos.yahoo.com/elisebutt

  3. Do you have a pistol or a gas oven?

    --
    Now piss off. You cannot possibly be this stupid and remember to
    breathe. You must be trolling. -- Carmen

    "curt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > He has a very limited mind. He is doing the best he can now that he is on
    > his own out of the mental ward. I am not sure he takes his meds though.
    > He
    > turned 50 and they released him for the first time. I am sure it is hard
    > for him.
    >
    > Enjoy,
    > Curt
    >

    > "jjj" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> Is this all you can say? Every time I see your reply it is ______ is no

    > low
    >> carb.
    >>
    >> "JC Der Koenig" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]
    >> > Pastry is not low carb.
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > Most people are dumb as bricks; some people are dumber than that. --

    > MFW
    >> >

    >> > "elise" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> > news:[email protected]

    >> Puff

    >> the

    > own,

  4. NOT low carb.

    --
    Now piss off. You cannot possibly be this stupid and remember to
    breathe. You must be trolling. -- Carmen

    "jjj" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Is this all you can say? Every time I see your reply it is ______ is no
    > low
    > carb.
    >
    > "JC Der Koenig" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> Pastry is not low carb.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Most people are dumb as bricks; some people are dumber than that. -- MFW
    >>

    >> "elise" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]
    >> >A real challenge - has anyone here successfully made a replacement for

    > Puff
    >> > pastry or should I just replace it with a few sheets of Filo??
    >> >
    >> > Just got a real craving for Chicken & Mushroom pie and I really fancy

    > the
    >> > 'bite'
    >> > of the pastry as it flakes(drool) the filling isn't enough on it's own,
    >> > somehow
    >> >

    >> > --
    >> > Elise
    >> > http://uk.photos.yahoo.com/elisebutt

  5. Bunky42

    Bunky42 Guest

    JC Der Koenig wrote:
    > Do you have a pistol or a gas oven?

    Hey JC get a life. lol (turd+5)
    I'm suprised JC's mommy lets him use his computer as much as she does.
    Of course she is busy cleaning up after him, cooking his meals and
    changing his poopy pants. I imagine after a long day of bashing people,
    JC's just to tuckered out to have a real life.

  6. Tom G

    Tom G Guest

    "Bunky42" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > JC Der Koenig wrote:
    > > Do you have a pistol or a gas oven?
    > >

    > Hey JC get a life. lol (turd+5)
    > I'm suprised JC's mommy lets him use his computer as much as she does.
    > Of course she is busy cleaning up after him, cooking his meals and
    > changing his poopy pants. I imagine after a long day of bashing people,
    > JC's just to tuckered out to have a real life.

    I have always appreciated when someone has told me the truth in regards
    to my lifestyle or appearance. The truth though can be emotionally
    upsetting. When a true statement is made, it usually sparks 1 of 2
    reactions. A person will either get mad at somebody for pointing out a
    fault, or they will be thankfull(though embarassed) for the "heads up". Both
    reactions are not a "feel good thing" for the person being told. People
    don't like to hear the truth because it hurts.
    Statements like; "____ is not low carb", or, "Eat less exercise more" are
    true facts. It's now up to the person to choose the reaction. If it is
    because of being mad, it now becomes somewhat humerous watching the banter.
    Sometimes it looks like a person is defending a whine.
    JC normally doesn't become abusive unless the other person does, or if
    there is past history. He is willing to offer reasonable advise if the
    question asked is also reasonable. Most people just remember his blunt
    replies to seemingly obvious (to us) twistings of the lo-carb philosophies.
    Is a statement like, "Eating cake is what got you fat in the first
    place." more of a truth? Or is it belligerent? If the reaction is anger,
    perhaps the nail has been hit squarely on the head if such comments invoke
    such emotion. JC and I are not buddies, so this is not in defence for him. I
    just find that your replies to him are puzzling to me. But I can see why JC
    says, "this or that is not lo-carb".
    Tom
    210/180/180

  7. Bob M

    Bob M Guest

    On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 19:05:18 GMT, Tom G <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Bunky42" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> JC Der Koenig wrote:
    >> > Do you have a pistol or a gas oven?
    >> >

    >> Hey JC get a life. lol (turd+5)
    >> I'm suprised JC's mommy lets him use his computer as much as she does.
    >> Of course she is busy cleaning up after him, cooking his meals and
    >> changing his poopy pants. I imagine after a long day of bashing people,
    >> JC's just to tuckered out to have a real life.

    > I have always appreciated when someone has told me the truth in
    > regards
    > to my lifestyle or appearance. The truth though can be emotionally
    > upsetting. When a true statement is made, it usually sparks 1 of 2
    > reactions. A person will either get mad at somebody for pointing out a
    > fault, or they will be thankfull(though embarassed) for the "heads up".
    > Both
    > reactions are not a "feel good thing" for the person being told. People
    > don't like to hear the truth because it hurts.
    > Statements like; "____ is not low carb", or, "Eat less exercise more"
    > are
    > true facts. It's now up to the person to choose the reaction. If it is
    > because of being mad, it now becomes somewhat humerous watching the
    > banter.
    > Sometimes it looks like a person is defending a whine.
    > JC normally doesn't become abusive unless the other person does, or if
    > there is past history. He is willing to offer reasonable advise if the
    > question asked is also reasonable. Most people just remember his blunt
    > replies to seemingly obvious (to us) twistings of the lo-carb
    > philosophies.
    > Is a statement like, "Eating cake is what got you fat in the first
    > place." more of a truth? Or is it belligerent? If the reaction is anger,
    > perhaps the nail has been hit squarely on the head if such comments
    > invoke
    > such emotion. JC and I are not buddies, so this is not in defence for
    > him. I
    > just find that your replies to him are puzzling to me. But I can see why
    > JC
    > says, "this or that is not lo-carb".
    > Tom
    > 210/180/180

    There's nothing wrong with saying that someone eats too much or doesn't
    exercise enough (or both). JC just happens to go beyond that and calls
    people names. Personally, I don't find JC reasonable at all and killfiled
    him long ago. If you like him, please continue to read his diatribe.

    --
    Bob in CT

  8. Tom G

    Tom G Guest

    "Bob M" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:eek:[email protected]
    > On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 19:05:18 GMT, Tom G <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    > > "Bunky42" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]
    > >> >
    > >> Hey JC get a life. lol (turd+5)
    > >> I'm suprised JC's mommy lets him use his computer as much as she does.
    > >> Of course she is busy cleaning up after him, cooking his meals and
    > >> changing his poopy pants. I imagine after a long day of bashing people,
    > >> JC's just to tuckered out to have a real life.

    > > I have always appreciated when someone has told me the truth in
    > > regards
    > > to my lifestyle or appearance. The truth though can be emotionally
    > > upsetting. When a true statement is made, it usually sparks 1 of 2
    > > reactions. A person will either get mad at somebody for pointing out a
    > > fault, or they will be thankfull(though embarassed) for the "heads up".
    > > Both
    > > reactions are not a "feel good thing" for the person being told. People
    > > don't like to hear the truth because it hurts.
    > > Statements like; "____ is not low carb", or, "Eat less exercise more"
    > > are
    > > true facts. It's now up to the person to choose the reaction. If it is
    > > because of being mad, it now becomes somewhat humerous watching the
    > > banter.
    > > Sometimes it looks like a person is defending a whine.
    > > JC normally doesn't become abusive unless the other person does, or

    if
    > > there is past history. He is willing to offer reasonable advise if the
    > > question asked is also reasonable. Most people just remember his blunt
    > > replies to seemingly obvious (to us) twistings of the lo-carb
    > > philosophies.
    > > Is a statement like, "Eating cake is what got you fat in the first
    > > place." more of a truth? Or is it belligerent? If the reaction is anger,
    > > perhaps the nail has been hit squarely on the head if such comments
    > > invoke
    > > such emotion. JC and I are not buddies, so this is not in defence for
    > > him. I
    > > just find that your replies to him are puzzling to me. But I can see why
    > > JC
    > > says, "this or that is not lo-carb".
    > > Tom
    > > 210/180/180
    > >

    > There's nothing wrong with saying that someone eats too much or doesn't
    > exercise enough (or both). JC just happens to go beyond that and calls
    > people names. Personally, I don't find JC reasonable at all and killfiled
    > him long ago. If you like him, please continue to read his diatribe.
    >
    > --
    > Bob in CT

    I view him as a resource of information only. I don't always agree with
    his opinions. It is understandable why someone would not like the blunt
    answers. I myself, have ruffled a few feathers. It is not with the intent to
    hurt feelings, but sometimes it happens. Because of that, I'm sure that I'm
    on somebody's killfile list. I do not have a killfile list, but there are
    some posters that I may not read when I am busy. I don't have time to follow
    all the threads, so I read the posts that interest me or posters that are
    interesting because of their experience or common sense. I don't usually
    follow JC's posts as soon as it becomes obvious that a squabble is taking
    place.
    Tom

  9. elise

    elise Guest

    "Tom G" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

> [...]

    > > him long ago. If you like him, please continue to read his diatribe.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Bob in CT

    > I view him as a resource of information only. I don't always agree with
    > his opinions. It is understandable why someone would not like the blunt
    > answers. I myself, have ruffled a few feathers. It is not with the intent to
    > hurt feelings, but sometimes it happens. Because of that, I'm sure that I'm
    > on somebody's killfile list. I do not have a killfile list, but there are
    > some posters that I may not read when I am busy. I don't have time to follow
    > all the threads, so I read the posts that interest me or posters that are
    > interesting because of their experience or common sense. I don't usually
    > follow JC's posts as soon as it becomes obvious that a squabble is taking

    Nah - not a squabble - just winding him up - I think he's hilarious!!!! I know I
    shouldn't feed the troll but it's just too irresististable :)
    Elise
    180/175/140

  10. Tom G

    Tom G Guest

    "elise" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > "Tom G" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > >
    > > "Bob M" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:eek:[email protected]

    does.

    people,

    up".

    People

    more"

    is

    or
    > > if

    the

    blunt

    first

    anger,

    for

    why

    > > > There's nothing wrong with saying that someone eats too much or

    doesn't
    > > > exercise enough (or both). JC just happens to go beyond that and

    calls
    > > > people names. Personally, I don't find JC reasonable at all and

    killfiled
    > > > him long ago. If you like him, please continue to read his diatribe.
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Bob in CT

    > > I view him as a resource of information only. I don't always agree

    with
    > > his opinions. It is understandable why someone would not like the blunt
    > > answers. I myself, have ruffled a few feathers. It is not with the

    intent to
    > > hurt feelings, but sometimes it happens. Because of that, I'm sure that

    I'm
    > > on somebody's killfile list. I do not have a killfile list, but there

    are
    > > some posters that I may not read when I am busy. I don't have time to

    follow
    > > all the threads, so I read the posts that interest me or posters that

    are
    > > interesting because of their experience or common sense. I don't usually
    > > follow JC's posts as soon as it becomes obvious that a squabble is

    taking
    > > place.
    > > Tom
    > >

    > Nah - not a squabble - just winding him up - I think he's hilarious!!!! I

    know I
    > shouldn't feed the troll but it's just too irresististable :)
    > Elise
    > 180/175/140

    O.K. I get it. Your attracted to him. Other girls find him irresistable
    too.

    I'm joking of course. :) And welcome to the group.

  11. "Tom G" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "elise" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> "Tom G" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]
    >> >
    >> > "Bob M" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> > news:eek:[email protected]

    > does.

    > people,

    > up".

    > People

    > more"

    > is

    > or
    >> > if

    > the

    > blunt

    > first

    > anger,

    > for

    > why

    > doesn't

    > calls

    > killfiled

    >> > I view him as a resource of information only. I don't always agree

    > with
    >> > his opinions. It is understandable why someone would not like the blunt
    >> > answers. I myself, have ruffled a few feathers. It is not with the

    > intent to
    >> > hurt feelings, but sometimes it happens. Because of that, I'm sure that

    > I'm
    >> > on somebody's killfile list. I do not have a killfile list, but there

    > are
    >> > some posters that I may not read when I am busy. I don't have time to

    > follow
    >> > all the threads, so I read the posts that interest me or posters that

    > are
    >> > interesting because of their experience or common sense. I don't
    >> > usually
    >> > follow JC's posts as soon as it becomes obvious that a squabble is

    > taking
    >> > place.
    >> > Tom
    >> >

    >> Nah - not a squabble - just winding him up - I think he's hilarious!!!! I

    > know I
    >> shouldn't feed the troll but it's just too irresististable :)
    >> Elise
    >> 180/175/140

    > O.K. I get it. Your attracted to him. Other girls find him irresistable
    > too.

    You're, not your.

    Other than that, it was a good call though.

  12. Bunky42

    Bunky42 Guest

    Tom G wrote:
    > "Bunky42" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >
    >>JC Der Koenig wrote:
    >>
    >>>Do you have a pistol or a gas oven?
    >>>

    >>Hey JC get a life. lol (turd+5)
    >>I'm suprised JC's mommy lets him use his computer as much as she does.
    >>Of course she is busy cleaning up after him, cooking his meals and
    >>changing his poopy pants. I imagine after a long day of bashing people,
    >>JC's just to tuckered out to have a real life.

    > I have always appreciated when someone has told me the truth in regards
    > to my lifestyle or appearance. The truth though can be emotionally
    > upsetting. When a true statement is made, it usually sparks 1 of 2
    > reactions. A person will either get mad at somebody for pointing out a
    > fault, or they will be thankfull(though embarassed) for the "heads up". Both
    > reactions are not a "feel good thing" for the person being told. People
    > don't like to hear the truth because it hurts.
    > Statements like; "____ is not low carb", or, "Eat less exercise more" are
    > true facts. It's now up to the person to choose the reaction. If it is
    > because of being mad, it now becomes somewhat humerous watching the banter.
    > Sometimes it looks like a person is defending a whine.
    > JC normally doesn't become abusive unless the other person does, or if
    > there is past history. He is willing to offer reasonable advise if the
    > question asked is also reasonable. Most people just remember his blunt
    > replies to seemingly obvious (to us) twistings of the lo-carb philosophies.
    > Is a statement like, "Eating cake is what got you fat in the first
    > place." more of a truth? Or is it belligerent? If the reaction is anger,
    > perhaps the nail has been hit squarely on the head if such comments invoke
    > such emotion. JC and I are not buddies, so this is not in defence for him. I
    > just find that your replies to him are puzzling to me. But I can see why JC
    > says, "this or that is not lo-carb".
    > Tom
    > 210/180/180

    Telling the truth is one thing, but JC is condescending. People come
    here to get help and share ideas. JC doesn't help them, but does hurt
    them. I think JC's a moron. He has an IQ just 5 points above a turd.
    He's just here to piss people off and drive them away. People say just
    add him to your KF. He needs to move to the proper NG like: alt.morons,
    alt.idiots. There is plenty of room in these groups for him to spew his
    bullshit and they would be happy to have him.

  13. Tom G

    Tom G Guest

    "JC Der Koenig" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "Tom G" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > >
    > > "elise" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]
    > >> "Tom G" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >> news:[email protected]

    > > does.

    and

    > > people,

    in

    emotionally

    2

    "heads
    > > up".

    > > People

    exercise
    > > more"

    it
    > > is

    the

    does,
    > > or

    if
    > > the

    > > blunt

    > > first

    > > anger,

    comments

    > > for

    > > why

    > > doesn't

    > > calls

    > > killfiled

    diatribe.

    > > with

    blunt

    > > intent to

    that
    > > I'm

    > > are

    > > follow

    > > are

    > > taking
    > >> >
    > >> Nah - not a squabble - just winding him up - I think he's hilarious!!!!

    > > know I
    > >> shouldn't feed the troll but it's just too irresististable :)
    > >> Elise
    > >> 180/175/140

    > > O.K. I get it. Your attracted to him. Other girls find him

    irresistable
    > > too.
    > >

    > You're, not your.
    >
    > Other than that, it was a good call though.

    Oops. You're right. :)

  14. Tom G

    Tom G Guest

    "Bunky42" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Tom G wrote:
    > > "Bunky42" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]

    > >>Hey JC get a life. lol (turd+5)
    > >>I'm suprised JC's mommy lets him use his computer as much as she does.
    > >>Of course she is busy cleaning up after him, cooking his meals and
    > >>changing his poopy pants. I imagine after a long day of bashing people,
    > >>JC's just to tuckered out to have a real life.

    > > I have always appreciated when someone has told me the truth in

    regards
    > > to my lifestyle or appearance. The truth though can be emotionally
    > > upsetting. When a true statement is made, it usually sparks 1 of 2
    > > reactions. A person will either get mad at somebody for pointing out a
    > > fault, or they will be thankfull(though embarassed) for the "heads up".

    Both
    > > reactions are not a "feel good thing" for the person being told. People
    > > don't like to hear the truth because it hurts.
    > > Statements like; "____ is not low carb", or, "Eat less exercise more"

    are
    > > true facts. It's now up to the person to choose the reaction. If it is
    > > because of being mad, it now becomes somewhat humerous watching the

    banter.
    > > Sometimes it looks like a person is defending a whine.
    > > JC normally doesn't become abusive unless the other person does, or

    if
    > > there is past history. He is willing to offer reasonable advise if the
    > > question asked is also reasonable. Most people just remember his blunt
    > > replies to seemingly obvious (to us) twistings of the lo-carb

    philosophies.
    > > Is a statement like, "Eating cake is what got you fat in the first
    > > place." more of a truth? Or is it belligerent? If the reaction is anger,
    > > perhaps the nail has been hit squarely on the head if such comments

    invoke
    > > such emotion. JC and I are not buddies, so this is not in defence for

    him. I
    > > just find that your replies to him are puzzling to me. But I can see why

    JC
    > > says, "this or that is not lo-carb".
    > > Tom
    > > 210/180/180
    > >

    > Telling the truth is one thing, but JC is condescending. People come
    > here to get help and share ideas. JC doesn't help them, but does hurt
    > them.

    The trouble usually starts with JC saying that the item in question "is
    not low carb". Or responses of "eat less exercise more" if someone has
    stalled or done something to thwart their weightloss efforts. For some
    reason it is taken as a bad thing to be reminded of this. The thread quickly
    downgrades from this point on. I don't see too many people responding with
    something like, "O.K., maybe I shouldn't find a replacement for bread. Do
    you have any ideas that I could use to make a replacement for sandwiches in
    my brown bag lunch?"

    > I think JC's a moron. He has an IQ just 5 points above a turd.
    > He's just here to piss people off and drive them away. People say just
    > add him to your KF.

    I think lots of people killfile him because they are told to by others.

    > He needs to move to the proper NG like: alt.morons,
    > alt.idiots. There is plenty of room in these groups for him to spew his
    > bullshit and they would be happy to have him.

    He can be nasty, but he's not an idiot. Few have his discipline. I can
    respect that. I know many others feel differently.

  15. Ada Ma

    Ada Ma Guest

    Tom G wrote:

    > JC and I are not buddies, so this is not in defence for him.
    > Tom
    > 210/180/180

    But you have the same stats, so you MUST be JC! :-D

  16. Tom G

    Tom G Guest

    "Ada Ma" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Tom G wrote:
    >
    > > JC and I are not buddies, so this is not in defence for him.
    > > Tom
    > > 210/180/180
    > >

    > But you have the same stats, so you MUST be JC! :-D

    I've seen his pics, but I don't know what his start and end weights are.
    Did he start out at 210 as well?

  17. "Tom G" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "Ada Ma" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >>

    >> Tom G wrote:
    >>
    >> > JC and I are not buddies, so this is not in defence for him.
    >> > Tom
    >> > 210/180/180
    >> >

    >> But you have the same stats, so you MUST be JC! :-D
    >>

    > I've seen his pics, but I don't know what his start and end weights are.
    > Did he start out at 210 as well?

    240/180/180