Re: q for SusiJ or anyone else who knows a good supplier for dial guages?

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Nick Payne, Mar 6, 2006.

  1. Nick Payne

    Nick Payne Guest

    Lots of 2nd hand ones at
    http://www.pcwi.com.au/Secondhand-Used-Equipment.asp. That was the third hit
    from searching Australian pages for "dial gauge" at google com.au.

    "Bleve" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > [snip]
    > Most of it's pretty simple, but I have NFI as to where to get a good
    > dial guage from, and google hasn't been all that useful (about 30 mins
    > or so of looking, but not really having the right keywords I think).
    > This was the best I found :
    >
    > http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Magnetic-Bas...itemZ4445352021QQcategoryZ20766QQcmdZViewItem
    >
    > but maybe there's something better or more suitable around? any
    > suggestions?

    Tags:

  2. Steve

    Steve Guest

    You could always subscribe to a Continental cycling magazine like
    Tour-magazin from Germany they have tests like this every month. I think it
    is this magazine or similar which prints which Asian factory makes which
    'Italian' brands too.... must go down well with the advertisers :))) These
    Continental magazines are a real eyeopener & makes you realise the
    Australian versions are just big glossy bike catalogues. Another good one
    though not as thorough as the Germans is 'Acheteur Cycliste' from France my
    latest issue tests 25 road pedals , First prize went to the Shimano 540's
    for 49 euros ...what a hoot :)

    Steve
    Ideal

    For 2 Euro you can download tests too:
    http://www.tour-magazin.de/to/show.php3?id=35&nodeid=35&ps_lo=0&subnav=21

  3. Bleve

    Bleve Guest

    Steve wrote:
    > You could always subscribe to a Continental cycling magazine like
    > Tour-magazin from Germany they have tests like this every month. I think it
    > is this magazine or similar which prints which Asian factory makes which
    > 'Italian' brands too.... must go down well with the advertisers :))) These
    > Continental magazines are a real eyeopener & makes you realise the
    > Australian versions are just big glossy bike catalogues. Another good one
    > though not as thorough as the Germans is 'Acheteur Cycliste' from France my
    > latest issue tests 25 road pedals , First prize went to the Shimano 540's
    > for 49 euros ...what a hoot :)

    heh! Thanks, I'll have a look.