Re: Quality Long Reach Road Calipers ?

A Muzi

Guest
Magnusfarce wrote:
> Does anyone make a high quality long reach (~50 to 60mm) brake caliper set
> for a road bike? I'm looking for something in the Ultegra range for
> strength and stopping power, but the best Shimano brake of this type is a
> no-name, probably well below the 105 series. Weight is not an issue, and
> I'm not interested in using any of the drop-bolt adaptors.

Shimano R-600 is "Ultegra" level.
Shimano A-550 is the same arm with cheaper hardware
Tektro 500-reach dual pivot is very nice, Ultegra level.
(These are in very short supply right now)
Perhaps consider vintage 500-length sidepulls unless you
actually like dual pivots.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org