Re: Question on ameteur race scene in Melbourne

rickster

Guest
Unregistered <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Walrus Wrote:
> > The Hawthorn CC site says that it's the Lower Loop, Melway ref 44 G4.
> > Is it just that small loop? If so, how far is each lap approximately?
> > I'd love to see if I could hold the speed.

> Lap distance is almost exactly 1km. Fastest average speed I've had for
> a 45 minute race is about 35 kph which hurt like hell.

The fastet I've had is 40.1 kph in B grade. I don't know what the A
grade speeds get up to there, perhpas 41-42 kph ?

The Kew circuit is the most brutal crit circuit we use in Melbourne
IMO. I would reccomend that a novice starts off at Gelnvale. I could
see a newbie not being able to hook into the bottom corner at Kew and
dropping a wheel going up the hill could find thmeself out the back in
a few laps. It's much easier to hang on at Gelnvale.

[snip]

flyingdutch <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> rickster Wrote:
> > The Kew circuit is the most brutal crit circuit we use in Melbourne
> > IMO. I would reccomend that a novice starts off at Gelnvale. I could
> > see a newbie not being able to hook into the bottom corner at Kew and
> > dropping a wheel going up the hill could find thmeself out the back in
> > a few laps. It's much easier to hang on at Gelnvale.
> >
> > [snip]

> where was that advice back in Feb?!?!?! :mad:
>
> F-when's the next Glenvale meet?-D

This Sunday !! 9:00 am C and D (and E if enough begginers) 10:00 am A and B