Re: Question on ameteur race scene in Melbourne

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by rickster, Jul 27, 2004.

  1. rickster

    rickster Guest

    Unregistered <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Walrus Wrote:
    > > The Hawthorn CC site says that it's the Lower Loop, Melway ref 44 G4.
    > > Is it just that small loop? If so, how far is each lap approximately?
    > > I'd love to see if I could hold the speed.

    > Lap distance is almost exactly 1km. Fastest average speed I've had for
    > a 45 minute race is about 35 kph which hurt like hell.

    The fastet I've had is 40.1 kph in B grade. I don't know what the A
    grade speeds get up to there, perhpas 41-42 kph ?

    The Kew circuit is the most brutal crit circuit we use in Melbourne
    IMO. I would reccomend that a novice starts off at Gelnvale. I could
    see a newbie not being able to hook into the bottom corner at Kew and
    dropping a wheel going up the hill could find thmeself out the back in
    a few laps. It's much easier to hang on at Gelnvale.

    [snip]

    Tags:

  2. rickster

    rickster Guest

    flyingdutch <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > rickster Wrote:
    > > The Kew circuit is the most brutal crit circuit we use in Melbourne
    > > IMO. I would reccomend that a novice starts off at Gelnvale. I could
    > > see a newbie not being able to hook into the bottom corner at Kew and
    > > dropping a wheel going up the hill could find thmeself out the back in
    > > a few laps. It's much easier to hang on at Gelnvale.
    > >
    > > [snip]

    > where was that advice back in Feb?!?!?! :mad:
    >
    > F-when's the next Glenvale meet?-D

    This Sunday !! 9:00 am C and D (and E if enough begginers) 10:00 am A and B