Re: Rachel Ray

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Paul M. Cook, Jan 9, 2005.

  1. Paul M. Cook

    Paul M. Cook Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > OK, is it my imagination, or is the Food Network now 30% Rachel Ray?

    She does have a way of getting on one's nerves. I rarely watch FoodTV
    anymore. Its a pity because I used to enjoy it so very much.

    Paul

    Tags:

  2. BillKirch

    BillKirch Guest

    >. I rarely watch FoodTV
    >anymore. Its a pity because I used to enjoy it so very much.

    ##############
    They have like six people that they keep giving shows to over and over and
    over. If they give Bobby Flay another show I'm gonna puke. There is a big wide
    world of people out there....give other people a try. BG

  3. notbob

    notbob Guest

    On 2005-01-10, BillKirch <[email protected]> wrote:

    > world of people out there....give other people a try. BG

    Last I heard, the Food Network is conducting some sort of search/contest for
    new talent.

    nb

  4. Barbtail

    Barbtail Guest

    >From: [email protected]oads (BillKirch)

    zeroing in on:
    >if they give Bobby Flay another show I'm gonna puke.

    ROTFLMAO!

    I so agree with this! Here comes the official question:

    Who is Bobby Flay blowing at FN to get all this air time? Seriously the guy
    sucks in every possible way. (pun intended)

    I definitely do not GAS that he is opening his 3rd restaurant in Las Vegas- I
    can't imagine why FN would give him a special about it. The only Flay show
    that ever semi-interested me was his special about the high school chefs (Bobby
    Flay, Mentor--rotflmao) yet through the whole thing I couldn't help but think
    to myself this is sorta about one-upping the Naked Chef. I watched that special
    as well - it was far more interesting even if things didn't work out as well as
    in Bobby's little special. And I'll say this - Jamie put a lot more on the
    line for his kids than Flay did. You can say Flay is the wiser of the two, but
    I think it just demonstrates his tendency to be all flash and show with very
    little human substance. And was that a 2 hour special on his new restaraunt?
    (omg puke) I switched back to FN hoping it would be over and Flay was still on
    when I went to bed.

    Last bitch about Bobby *laughs*

    As far as I am concerned Iron Chef America jumped the shark before they even
    really got started the moment they let Bobby Flay *win* against Iron Chef
    Sakai. I'm not buying that, and I doubt most of America buys that Flay
    actually beat Sakai. That is such an insult to the collective intelligence.
    It all leads back to the question.... Who is Bobby blowing at FN?

    >There is a big wide
    >world of people out there....give other people a try. BG

    Hear, hear!

  5. Paul M. Cook

    Paul M. Cook Guest

    "notbob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On 2005-01-10, BillKirch <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > world of people out there....give other people a try. BG

    > Last I heard, the Food Network is conducting some sort of search/contest

    for
    > new talent.

    They don't have to do that. They can bring back the old talent. I'd love
    to see the Two Hot Tamales back just to name one. And they can always show
    classics like Julia Child. Who can ever get tired of Julia?

    Paul