Re: Rainbow Trout

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Jeff Bienstadt, Apr 10, 2005.

  1. Melba's Jammin' wrote:

    > We had two for supper last night; Cub had them on sale for $4/lb and two
    > were maybe $6.50 . After consulting with the guys in the meat
    > department about how a novice might prepare them, I did this: slit the
    > belly the rest of the way to the tail, sprinkled both sides with
    > Penzeys stuff - Sunny Spain (?) - a lemon pepper thing. Flattened them
    > a bit and put them skin side up on heavy foil on the grill. Cooked them
    > for maybe 8 minutes, turned them and cooked them another 5 or so over
    > low-medium heat. times and temp are approximate. They were delicious
    > -- and moist; I was fearful of overcooking them and drying them out.
    > Wish I had more.

    I had trout for dinner last night, too. My local Central Market had them on
    sale for $3/lb :)

    Salt, pepper, half-slices of lemon, and a little sliced leek in the cavity,
    wrapped up in a parchment paper pouch, and baked for about 15 minutes.

    Rice pilaf and asparagus to go with.

    The best part of an otherwise very frustrating day.

    ---jkb

    --
    "There's some milk in the fridge that's about to go bad....
    And there it goes!"