Re: Rank the Brands--Your Opinion

the black rose

Guest
Joe wrote:
> I’m bike shopping, but after visiting several bike shops (after an
> absence of almost fifteen years), I realize I have no idea what is a
> "good" brand anymore, what is a so-so brand, or what is a brand to
> stay away from. A recent Consumer Reports said, "most bikes are made
> by Cannondale, Diamondback, Giant, Huffy, Mongoose, Pacific, Raleigh,
> Specialized and Trek." But this list doesn’t even mention Fuji, a
> great brand -- I still have a Fuji bike going strong after 15+ years.

--snip--

Erm, don't believe everything you read in Consumer Reports. It's
somewhat more complicated than what brand is what quality. It's more
about the bike shop.

It doesn't matter how high quality a bike is, if it doesn't fit your
physiology, it's a waste of money -- a Trek might feel great while a
Specialized murders you, or vice versa, or they both might kill you
while a Cannondale disappears underneath you. Or, they all might feel
acceptable, but a LeMond is just perfect.

What you need to do is find the reputable bike shops in your area and
start there.

-km

--
the black rose