Re RE latest anti-Atkins stuff.

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Nick, Nov 27, 2003.

  1. Nick

    Nick Guest

    The preservatives are fine, if your body is a plastic bag, but of course it is not. It is much
    warmer and the food will be exposed to oxygen, iron, etc. Depending upon the product, free radical
    degradation can occur at an alarming pace once outside the packaged environment. Also, when you cook
    something at high temperature while exposed to air, you are going to blow out whatever antioxidant
    cover that once existed. And of course it is often the case the proteins are damaged during
    processing. Basic stuff, right?

    merlijn spinnewijn <[email protected]> posted:

    "I don´t understand it. Conservants and preservatives in the processed food don´t give any
    protection against oxydation of cholesterol?"

    Tags:

  2. "nick" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht news:fcBvb.38514$A%[email protected]...
    > The preservatives are fine, if your body is a plastic bag, but of course
    it
    > is not. It is much warmer and the food will be exposed to oxygen, iron, etc. Depending upon the
    > product, free radical degradation can occur at an alarming pace once outside the packaged
    > environment. Also, when you cook something at high temperature while exposed to air, you are going
    > to blow out whatever antioxidant cover that once existed. And of course it is often the case the
    > proteins are damaged during processing. Basic stuff, right?

    you are an advocate of coconutoil and denounce omega3 oil? But why do the japanese thrive on their
    diet rich in such fishoils?