Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Re: Rebel with a cause?

Started by Email address hidden · · Last activity · 3 posts · 363 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
17 September 2006
Last activity
17 September 2006
Original author
Email address hidden
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
363
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Chalo said:
    Dane Buson said:


    Chalo said:


    Drum brakes and those that are Self-Energizing,
    BMX bars and some others high-rising,
    Seven-speed freewheels with single chainrings,
    These are a few of my favorite things;

    Great big flat pedals, four-finger brake levers,
    Sealed bearing hubsets that roll on forever,
    Gigantic triple-rail saddles with springs,
    These are a few of my favorite things!

    Heh, very cute. I suppose Rohloff was a little too hard to rhyme?

    That, and things like "eccentric adjusting bottom brackets" and "welded
    tubular chromoly cranks" that didn't fit the meter. I could go on and
    on with the equipment choices that work for me but don't seem to
    attract others.

    Chalo

    Dear Chalo,

    Fourteen-speed Rohloffs
    And eccentric adjusters
    Aren't just for showoffs
    Or oval crank-busters.

    Chrome-moly is sturdy,
    Reliability it brings,
    But we mustn't be wordy
    About our favorite things.

    When the tire's flat,
    When the chain skips,
    When I'm feeling sad,
    I simply remember that it's just RBT,
    And then I don't feel so bad.

    Cheers,

    Rodgers & Hammerstein

  2. Quoted message said:


    Chalo said:
    Dane Buson said:


    Chalo wrote:
    >
    > Drum brakes and those that are Self-Energizing,
    > BMX bars and some others high-rising,
    > Seven-speed freewheels with single chainrings,
    > These are a few of my favorite things;
    >
    > Great big flat pedals, four-finger brake levers,
    > Sealed bearing hubsets that roll on forever,
    > Gigantic triple-rail saddles with springs,
    > These are a few of my favorite things!

    Heh, very cute. I suppose Rohloff was a little too hard to rhyme?

    That, and things like "eccentric adjusting bottom brackets" and "welded
    tubular chromoly cranks" that didn't fit the meter. I could go on and
    on with the equipment choices that work for me but don't seem to
    attract others.

    Chalo

    Dear Chalo,

    Fourteen-speed Rohloffs
    And eccentric adjusters
    Aren't just for showoffs
    Or oval crank-busters.

    Chrome-moly is sturdy,
    Reliability it brings,
    But we mustn't be wordy
    About our favorite things.

    When the tire's flat,
    When the chain skips,
    When I'm feeling sad,
    I simply remember that it's just RBT,
    And then I don't feel so bad.

    Cheers,

    Rodgers & Hammerstein

    "Or oval crank-busters" is just plain wrong, like Julie Andrews
    singing "Cocaine that stays on my nose and eyelashes."

    The line should read "Or square-taper busters."

    R & H

  3. Quoted message said:


    "Or oval crank-busters" is just plain wrong, like Julie Andrews
    singing "Cocaine that stays on my nose and eyelashes."

    I die.

    Chalo

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.