Re: Recommend a waist / saddle bag?

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Jeremy Collins, Mar 16, 2005.

  1. Peter Clinch wrote:

    > Back pockets in a shirt should handle this okay, I'd think, or just
    > about any of the wee saddle packs that attach to the seat post and
    > saddle rails with velcro straps. Most aren't very big, but nor is a
    > spare tube, set of tyre levers and a multitool, leaving the bars for the
    > jersey where you can get at them easily.

    I've already got a small saddle bag (one of these:
    http://tinyurl.com/7y42d), and it's just big enough for a spare tube,
    a couple of tyre levers and probably a multi-tool, although I don't
    own one. It's been handy because it means there's ALWAYS a spare tube
    on the bike, and it's kept away from the tools when I wear a waist bag.

    I'm specifically looking for something bigger, which can take that
    stuff plus a phone, keys, credit card and a couple of food bars.

    I do own a few cycling jerseys with back pockets, but I don't always
    wear them (especially off-road), and I don't like having much in those
    pockets anyway.

    It's very hard to tell from the descriptions on Wiggle which bag might
    fit my needs.

    --
    jc

    Remove the -not from email

    Tags:

  2. Paul Rose

    Paul Rose Guest

    "Jeremy Collins" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Peter Clinch wrote:
    > I've already got a small saddle bag (one of these:
    > http://tinyurl.com/7y42d), and it's just big enough for a spare tube,
    > a couple of tyre levers and probably a multi-tool, although I don't
    > own one. It's been handy because it means there's ALWAYS a spare tube
    > on the bike, and it's kept away from the tools when I wear a waist bag.
    >
    > I'm specifically looking for something bigger, which can take that
    > stuff plus a phone, keys, credit card and a couple of food bars.
    >
    > I do own a few cycling jerseys with back pockets, but I don't always
    > wear them (especially off-road), and I don't like having much in those
    > pockets anyway.
    >
    > It's very hard to tell from the descriptions on Wiggle which bag might
    > fit my needs.

    The bag you have looks like the Mini Wedgie. They do a bigger one, the
    Wedgie, and a bigger one still, the Dirt Bag. All sold on Wiggle. I think
    the bigger of the three should do for what you want. Have a look here (if
    the link works!)

    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/Default.aspx?Main=ProductDetail.aspx&W=0&Manufacture
    r=&UberCatName=&Cat=cycle&CategoryName=Bags%20-%20Saddle&ProdID=4000000610&U
    berCat=0

    --
    Regards, Paul (R)
    My Lake District walking site:

  3. Paul Rose

    Paul Rose Guest

    "Jeremy Collins" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Peter Clinch wrote:
    > I've already got a small saddle bag (one of these:
    > http://tinyurl.com/7y42d), and it's just big enough for a spare tube,
    > a couple of tyre levers and probably a multi-tool, although I don't
    > own one. It's been handy because it means there's ALWAYS a spare tube
    > on the bike, and it's kept away from the tools when I wear a waist bag.
    >
    > I'm specifically looking for something bigger, which can take that
    > stuff plus a phone, keys, credit card and a couple of food bars.
    >
    > I do own a few cycling jerseys with back pockets, but I don't always
    > wear them (especially off-road), and I don't like having much in those
    > pockets anyway.
    >
    > It's very hard to tell from the descriptions on Wiggle which bag might
    > fit my needs.

    The bag you have looks like the Mini Wedgie. They do a bigger one, the
    Wedgie, and a bigger one still, the Dirt Bag. All sold on Wiggle. I think
    the bigger of the three should do for what you want. Have a look here (if
    the link works!)

    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/Default.aspx?Main=ProductDetail.aspx&W=0&Manufacture
    r=&UberCatName=&Cat=cycle&CategoryName=Bags%20-%20Saddle&ProdID=4000000610&U
    berCat=0

    --
    Regards, Paul (R)
    My Lake District walking site:
    www.lakelandwalker.co.uk

  4. Paul Rose

    Paul Rose Guest

  5. Paul Rose wrote:

    > The bag you have looks like the Mini Wedgie. They do a bigger one, the
    > Wedgie, and a bigger one still, the Dirt Bag. All sold on Wiggle. I think
    > the bigger of the three should do for what you want. Have a look here (if
    > the link works!)

    Yep, I think that's the one to go for. As somonelse pointed out,
    the expandable ones do look handy. That was one of the most
    frustrating online shopping experiences I've had lately, though!

    It's very difficult to compare bags when some have their capacity
    listed in cubic inches, some in litres, and some with length-width-
    height measurements (inches or cm). Specialized are also one
    of the few to supply a picture of the bl**dy thing actually attached
    to a bike, too.

    Minor rant of the day over...

    --
    jc

    Remove the -not from email

  6. bugbear

    bugbear Guest

    Jeremy Collins wrote:
    > Paul Rose wrote:
    >
    >> The bag you have looks like the Mini Wedgie. They do a bigger one, the
    >> Wedgie, and a bigger one still, the Dirt Bag. All sold on Wiggle. I think
    >> the bigger of the three should do for what you want. Have a look here (if
    >> the link works!)

    > Yep, I think that's the one to go for. As somonelse pointed out,
    > the expandable ones do look handy. That was one of the most
    > frustrating online shopping experiences I've had lately, though!
    >
    > It's very difficult to compare bags when some have their capacity
    > listed in cubic inches, some in litres, and some with length-width-
    > height measurements (inches or cm).

    Well, volumetric is a useful measurement of how many
    marbles the things will hold, while width.depth tells
    you wether you can fit a 12" ruler in it.

    Both are useful, and (I suppose) both could (should)
    be given. In my dreams.

    BugBear