Re: Recommendations? - Training "Other Peoples" Dogs Not To Chase

D. Dub

Guest
Good god!!! Why are cyclists such pansies?!?!

It's a f'n dog....it's not a cougar nor a bear or something really
"dangerous"...you guys are talking about weapons and pepper spray and
such?!?!? (rolls-eyes)

It's pretty rare to find a truly people aggressive dog.....they like to
chase bikes because it's fun....or b/c they think they re protecting their
territory.

I've had lots of dogs bark at me and/or chase me....I bark back at them :)
...or yell at them to *** off.

sheeeeesh..... time to get a grip.

D. Dub wrote:
> Good god!!! Why are cyclists such pansies?!?!
>
> It's a f'n dog....it's not a cougar nor a bear or something really
> "dangerous"...you guys are talking about weapons and pepper spray and
> such?!?!? (rolls-eyes)

How many cycling routes feature cougars or bears?

> It's pretty rare to find a truly people aggressive dog.....they like
> to chase bikes because it's fun....or b/c they think they re
> protecting their territory.
>
> I've had lots of dogs bark at me and/or chase me....I bark back at
> them :) ..or yell at them to *** off.

Do they trot off chewing your mangled Achilles tendon? Adorable!

> sheeeeesh..... time to get a grip.

Sure is; why don't you try it?

Bill Sornson wrote:

> How many cycling routes feature cougars or bears?

The one I was on in Nevada. Where a Coyote ate my nieces cat.

Also some of the routes in Pennslyvania where my brother lives. The
first time I rode with him, he told me to watch out for bear, snakes,
deer and a variety of other creatures. Seeing a dog would have been
nice.

Then at my aunts ranch in Wyoming....there are animals I can't even
identify. She has a horse ranch. The horses have to be protected from
the animals that want to kill them.

How the hell do people live out west. I will visit, but give me Joisey
any day.

Maggie (Not a country girl)

"Maggie" <[email protected]> wrote:

>How the hell do people live out west. I will visit, but give me Joisey
>any day.

Come on. You guys have at least as many ways to die as we do . . .
it's just that ours come from four-legged animals while yours come
from those with two ;-)

Neil Brooks wrote:
> Come on. You guys have at least as many ways to die as we do . . .
> it's just that ours come from four-legged animals while yours come
> from those with two ;-)

Point taken. ;-)

Mags