Re: Recumbent Trikes - Where to Put the Lights?

Tom \Johnny Sunset\ Sherman

Guest
Alan Braggins wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>, Alistair Gunn wrote:
>>> Can be useful little bugegrs. Recumbent tadpole trikes are well short
>>> on sensible upfront, horizontal bars to tie things to.

>> That's one nice feature of Catrike's range - they've put a small
>> horizontal extension onto the front deraileur post to mount stuff on.

> Yesterday at Mildenhall I saw a Trice with a stem mounted on the
> derailleur post. It didn't have a handlebar in, but had a replacement
> clamp with a short bar to put lights on (I've seen those elsewhere,
> but can't find one online right now - ...

Like this:
<http://www.hostelshoppe.com/cgi-bin/readitem.pl?Accessory=983907300>?

A Real Cyclist [TM] keeps at least one bicycle in the bedroom.

In article <[email protected]>, Tom \"Johnny Sunset\" Sherman wrote:
>Alan Braggins wrote:
>>> That's one nice feature of Catrike's range - they've put a small
>>> horizontal extension onto the front deraileur post to mount stuff on.

>> Yesterday at Mildenhall I saw a Trice with a stem mounted on the
>> derailleur post. It didn't have a handlebar in, but had a replacement
>> clamp with a short bar to put lights on (I've seen those elsewhere,
>> but can't find one online right now - ...

>Like this:
><http://www.hostelshoppe.com/cgi-bin/readitem.pl?Accessory=983907300>?

No, and I don't know if the Trice or Scorpion posts would take a quill
type fitting like that - it was a threadless type stem on the one I saw,
clamped around the post rather than in the end.