Re: Removing broken off BB cup

Evian Shore

Guest
All good suggestions. I made a nick in the outer edge of the cup with
a hacksaw. A little degreaser and a few minutes later, a hammer-driver
screwdriver could turn the cup. (An internal wrench probably would have
worked as well, but I didn't have one on hand.) The threads didn't
look that bad. Thanks to all. --es

Peter Cole wrote:
> "Robert" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Peter Cole wrote:
> >
> > > "Evian Shore" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...

spindle

> > ---8<---cut
> > > http://www.sheldonbrown.com/tooltips/bbcups.html
> > >
> > > Read the section on "fixed cup tools", it describes making a

simple tool
> > > remove the fixed cup.
> > >

> > Guys, I understand the OP's problem to be that the the cup had

broken
> > and that only the threaded section remained, wholly inside the BB

shell.

> > This would mean that Sheldon's device has nothing to grip onto.

> Upon rereading, I think you're right. Perhaps an "internal pipe

wrench" of the