Re: removing paint from carbon fiber

Werehatrack the frame is carbon. The paint is off under the top tube
were it was transported by a cheesy rack i guess. That plus a carbon
sticker i noticed too.The resond i wanted too paint was to have a
project to work on plus a friend paints street rods and stuff. He said i
supply the paint he'll paint it.Plus like i said it looks the a
bilboard.

Do i prime it? Wet sand ? I know nothing about carbon fiber and niether
does my painter freind.

The funny thing about this bike is it has ultegra components not to
shabby, King headset, Thompson post and a Rolf Vector Pro wheelset I
don't know if wheelset is any good or not. I don't know much about road
wheels and peddles that look like there off a tricycle.

The bike rides nice and the fit is perfect.

[email protected] wrote:
> Werehatrack the frame is carbon. The paint is off under the top tube
> were it was transported by a cheesy rack i guess. That plus a carbon
> sticker i noticed too.The resond i wanted too paint was to have a
> project to work on plus a friend paints street rods and stuff. He said i
> supply the paint he'll paint it.Plus like i said it looks the a
> bilboard.
>
> Do i prime it? Wet sand ? I know nothing about carbon fiber and niether
> does my painter freind.

Wet sand w/220 grit until you get to fiber then STOP.
I've done other carbon and glass repair and this is SOP.
Paint with a good plastic paint. Prime per paint manufacturer's
recommendation. Krylon Fusion would probably work, two part
polyurethane if you can find it in small amounts.

Shawn