Re: Repair or replace whole bike?

Johnny Sunset

Guest
Rex Kerr wrote:
> > Go test-ride one of the RANS Sport Series bikes.
> > I have a (2006) Fusion and love it, but it doesn't allow pedaling while
> > standing. For that try to find a Cruz or Zenetic; there is a "tour"
> > model Zenetic but I dunno what's the difference between it and the other.

> I already have a RANS V-Rex, but I prefer my uprights for the majority
> of my riding!
>
> (No flame wars please!!)

I went to a bike shop about 6½ years ago considering buying a RANS
V-Rex. A good bike, but did not seem special. Then I rode the RANS
Rocket. Despite the considerably less expensive components, the Rocket
was far more fun to ride, with a "balance" and intuitive responsiveness
to the handling that the V-Rex (and many other SWB recumbents) lacks.

The V-Rex stayed at the shop, and I still have the Rocket.

--
Tom Sherman - Post Free or Die!