Re: Ride Report - Hebden Bridge to Rochdale by Dutch Roadster

PhilD

Guest
On 17 Jul, 01:20, Pyromancer <[email protected]>
wrote:
> Outward train was a very freshly repainted Northern class 158, on which
> there were already four kids with assorted BMX and MTBs. They were
> puzzled by the Gazelle, at first wondering if the rear hub was a
> Rollhoff.

Looks nice. What hub does it have? Shimano Nexus 7-speed?

The bike appears quite similar to a work colleague's Dutch bike, which
I think is a Kettler (or some similar word). That has a 7 speed
Nexus, as does my Giant Expression N7.

Colleague and I often end up smirking at some of the junk that appears
in the work cycle store.

PhilD

--
<><

On Jul 17, 11:46 am, PhilD <[email protected]> wrote:
> On 17 Jul, 01:20, Pyromancer <[email protected]>
> wrote:

> > Outward train was a very freshly repainted Northern class 158, on which
> > there were already four kids with assorted BMX and MTBs. They were
> > puzzled by the Gazelle, at first wondering if the rear hub was a
> > Rollhoff.

> Looks nice. What hub does it have? Shimano Nexus 7-speed?

Indeed, the very one. Wonderful piece of kit, I don't think I'd ever
willingly go back to a deraileur after this.

> The bike appears quite similar to a work colleague's Dutch bike, which
> I think is a Kettler (or some similar word). That has a 7 speed
> Nexus, as does my Giant Expression N7.

> Colleague and I often end up smirking at some of the junk that appears
> in the work cycle store.

LOL! We've a few other cyclists here at work, MTBs mainly though one
chap has a folder of a type I've not seen before, though currently off
the road with a bent chainring (so I can't go look for the maker's
name).

Pyromancer <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Jul 17, 11:46 am, PhilD <[email protected]> wrote:
> > On 17 Jul, 01:20, Pyromancer <[email protected]>
> > wrote:

> > > Outward train was a very freshly repainted Northern class 158, on which
> > > there were already four kids with assorted BMX and MTBs. They were
> > > puzzled by the Gazelle, at first wondering if the rear hub was a
> > > Rollhoff.

> > Looks nice. What hub does it have? Shimano Nexus 7-speed?

> Indeed, the very one. Wonderful piece of kit, I don't think I'd ever
> willingly go back to a deraileur after this.
>
> > The bike appears quite similar to a work colleague's Dutch bike, which
> > I think is a Kettler (or some similar word). That has a 7 speed
> > Nexus, as does my Giant Expression N7.

> > Colleague and I often end up smirking at some of the junk that appears
> > in the work cycle store.

> LOL! We've a few other cyclists here at work, MTBs mainly though one
> chap has a folder of a type I've not seen before, though currently off
> the road with a bent chainring (so I can't go look for the maker's
> name).

yup is amazing what gets ridden judging by whats chained up on the bike
racks.

it's the rusty chains that get me, must sound terrible!

roger
--
www.rogermerriman.com

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 04:22:01 -0700, Pyromancer wrote:

> LOL! We've a few other cyclists here at work, MTBs mainly though one
> chap has a folder of a type I've not seen before, though currently off
> the road with a bent chainring (so I can't go look for the maker's
> name).

Is that you, Jack? The folder's one of the Raleigh imported Ikea ones.
Portable but no substitute for a proper bike.

--
Stephen Patterson :: [email protected] :: http://patter.mine.nu/
GPG: B416F0DE :: Jabber: [email protected]

Upon the miasma of midnight, a darkling spirit identified as Stephen
Patterson <[email protected]> gently breathed:
>On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 04:22:01 -0700, Pyromancer wrote:

>> LOL! We've a few other cyclists here at work, MTBs mainly though one
>> chap has a folder of a type I've not seen before, though currently off
>> the road with a bent chainring (so I can't go look for the maker's
>> name).

>Is that you, Jack? The folder's one of the Raleigh imported Ikea ones.
>Portable but no substitute for a proper bike.

Dark Greetings! Yes, it's me.

Poss you should look at a Brompton? Many good things are said of them
here, I might get one eventually for use on train trips to other cities,
though I'm not sure if it'd be up to what I did last weekend.

Ideally the fleet will eventually be the Gazelle, a good folder, and a
recumbent of some kind, and poss one of those half-recumbent
half-upright tandems. Need to buy/build a shed first though!

--
- DJ Pyromancer, Black Sheep, Leeds. <http://www.sheepish.net>
Hard Rock, Leeds <http://www.hard-rock.org.uk>