Re: Ride Report - Hebden Bridge to Rochdale by Dutch Roadster

On 17 Jul, 01:20, Pyromancer <[email protected]>
wrote:

> Hebden Bridge station was for some reason restored to a neo-19th century
> style back in the 1980s

It was actually done in the late 1970s. An interesting feature was
the use of standard British Rail station signs, but in a dark golden
brown with white lettering, rather than black lettering on white.
This was in addition to the period signs.

>From your photos, it looks like these have disappeared. It would be

nice to see something like the Todmorden signs to replace them.

The last time I was on Hebden Bridge station, about fifteen years ago,
there was still a BR(NER) notice giving working instructions for the
hydraulic lift.

In uk.railway [email protected] wrote:

> The last time I was on Hebden Bridge station, about fifteen years ago,
> there was still a BR(NER) notice giving working instructions for the
> hydraulic lift.

The longest-serving of the station staff can apparently just remember
the lift being used.

On 17 Jul, 23:44, [email protected] wrote:

> The last time I was on Hebden Bridge station, about fifteen years ago,
> there was still a BR(NER) notice giving working instructions for the
> hydraulic lift.

The notice is still there, I think I've a photo of it taken a few
months ago. The lifts themselves are boarded up, but presumably the
mechanism and cage is still there.