rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Re: Riding Coker Crooked HELP PLEASE!!

Started by Wheel Rider · · Last activity · 1 post · 236 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
28 September 2005
Last activity
28 September 2005
Original author
Wheel Rider
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
236
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. n9jcv said:

    *... I have developed a very nasty habit of riding with my butt off to
    the left ever so slightly, and my left shoulder continues to stick
    forward. ... I can turn to the left verrrry easily, but turning
    right is much more difficult. I am right handed.... *

    I am glad to hear I am not the only one who does this. For me, this
    started when I started riding a 29er and it was greatly (negatively)
    impacted when I installed an air seat. Very frustrating.

    I removed the air seat. I have practiced figure-eights, circles,
    slolam-type movements, hands behind, hands in front, done the
    arm-swinging thing, etc. I can ride on the left side of the road crown
    but the right side is really tough. Riding downhill and to the right on
    the right side of the road crown just almost throws me in the ditch
    ....arghh!!

    I have been forcing myself to ride on the right side of the road crown.
    I am getting used to it. Have found that putting slightly more weight on
    my feet gives me better control. (My favorite riding area is an old,
    almost deserted office-park type of area. There is very little traffic
    in the evenings and the few cars drive slowly so I feel pretty safe
    riding on either side of the road.)

    --
    Wheel Rider - From the Over 50 Group

    A man can fail many times but he isn't a failure until he begins to
    blame someone else. - Waite Phillips
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Wheel Rider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10656
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43576

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.