Re: riding one footed

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by unicycle2280, Jan 4, 2006.

  1. unicycle2280

    unicycle2280 Guest

    what i did was learn to hover (with two feet first) and then i went on
    to learn to hover with one foot...i then took that to my driveway which
    is at a medium slope and when the pedal with my foot on it was infront
    i just put all my weight on that and my forward momentum kept me
    going....until i got to the bottom of the driveway...then i just took
    it to the top and did it again. After i had it down i took it to a flat
    road and it took me about five minutes to get the hang of it and i was
    riding on one foot within a day

    --
    unicycle2280
    unicycle2280's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11232

  2. markf

    markf Guest

    i just took one foot off whlie riding and after ~2 hours or so i could
    do 5+ revolutions. it'll take 30-45 mins to get the feeling that you're
    finally learning it. then its just a matter of practice. if you can
    circle pedal on a bike that'll help.

    --
    markf

    stuck in iowa and unemployed.
    markf's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8102

  3. I can't do it myself yet, but a few people have suggested to me that it
    helps to ride with as little pressure on one foot as possible. Then
    start lifting the foot off at the top of each stroke. Then eventually
    not have the foot on at all. This means you have your foot near (or
    still touching) the pedal at first so you can easily correct a fall.

    --
    rob.northcott

    You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to
    skydive twice

  4. koebwil

    koebwil Guest

  5. Wheel Rider

    Wheel Rider Guest

    koebwil wrote:
    > I learned by going really fast, and then pulling my foot off at the top
    > of a rotation and putting it on my frame. It took me a while to learn,
    > but now I find it very easy.

    You must be young and willing to fall repeatedly.

    I am working on one-footed riding and it is going really slow because I
    don't want to be throwing myself on the ground. One-footed will happen
    though. I am still working on it.

    --
    Wheel Rider

    A man can fail many times but he isn't a failure until he begins to
    blame someone else. - Waite Phillips
    Wheel Rider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10656