Re: riding one footed

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by leo, Jan 5, 2006.

  1. leo

    leo Guest

    Dirk Iwema wrote:
    > trying to ride one footed. What have others done to learn this skill?

    Most did practise before they could do it.

    Just ride very solid, and try to make 1 revolution with the other leg
    raised. Just 1 is enough. When you can do that you can try 2, 3, 'etc'
    (http://www.unicyclist.org/cont/play.cfm?pi=f3202401ftL).

    --
    leo

    leo vandewoestijne
    *'+1 866-uni-cycl' (callto://+18668642925)
    'unicycle.net' (http://www.unicycle.net/)

    'subscribe' (http://www.unicyclist.org/cont/subscribe.cfm) to
    'unicyclist.org' (http://www.unicyclist.org/)!*
    leo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/224

  2. jsm

    jsm Guest

  3. underdog

    underdog Guest

    jsm wrote:
    > I hope you all realize that the original post in this thread was made
    > over ten years ago.

    Wow! Good observation. Wonder if Dirk ever got this one?

    --
    underdog

    'I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody
    tell you different' - Kurt Vonnegut
    underdog's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6197

  4. cathwood

    cathwood Guest

    jsm wrote:
    > I hope you all realize that the original post in this thread was made
    > over ten years ago.

    I wonder what the guy is doing now? Does he still unicycle? Did he ever
    learn to ride one footed? Will I ever know the answer to these
    questions?

    Cathy

    --
    cathwood

    'Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its
    victims may be the most oppressive - C.S.Lewis

    http://www.chuckingandtwirling.co.uk

  5. Wheel Rider

    Wheel Rider Guest

    cathwood wrote:
    > I wonder what the guy is doing now? Does he still unicycle? Did he ever
    > learn to ride one footed? Will I ever know the answer to these
    > questions?
    >
    > Cathy

    He probably gave up unicycling because nobody replied to his question.
    Maybe nobody could one-foot ride back in those days.

    --
    Wheel Rider

    A man can fail many times but he isn't a failure until he begins to
    blame someone else. - Waite Phillips
    Wheel Rider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10656

  6. unicycle2280

    unicycle2280 Guest

    Wheel Rider wrote:
    > He probably gave up unicycling because nobody replied to his question.
    > Maybe nobody could one-foot ride back in those days.

    it seemed like no one could/was allowed to jump up curbs because the
    tires werent fat enough...i was rather bored and soi decided to go to
    tghe first threads and they all talk about the "thump" of the rim when
    you jump

    --
    unicycle2280
    unicycle2280's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11232

  7. dale_dale

    dale_dale Guest

  8. Memphis Mud

    Memphis Mud Guest

    I had lots of trouble at first. I think being rather comfortable with 1
    ft idling helped. But my 20" with those little cranks bested me. Then I
    tried it on my 24" MUni with 170 cranks. I think the increased control
    of the longer cranks helped. It was certainly strange making a larger
    rev with those big cranks, but it worked. Then back to the 20" with
    success. With crosstraining, remember that each wheel diameter suggests
    a different optimum speed for the machine. A 20 could best go 3 mph and
    a 24 could best go 4 mph.

    --
    Memphis Mud
    Memphis Mud's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1987