Re: Riding Rigid, Riding One Gear

Paladin

Guest
GeeDubb wrote:
> While in Palm Springs riding with probably the best group of riders I've
> ridden with I managed to do 6 miles or more downhill with my rear shock
> locked out. Needless to say I screwed it up and shipped it off to be
> repaired. This left me w/o my dear boingy bike for a few weeks so.......
>
> should be fun.
>
> Gary

Here's what helps keep me in relative control and comfort. I have the
2.35 kenda kinetics at about 28lbs, and a fairly soft seat, and I stand
a lot. Going up, and going down.... but I still love it. Not for all
the time, now that Rev Titus has converted me to double-squish, but
it's still fun once a week or so.

Spin like a hamster, sting like a bee...

CDB

"Paladin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> GeeDubb wrote:
>> While in Palm Springs riding with probably the best group of riders I've
>> ridden with I managed to do 6 miles or more downhill with my rear shock
>> locked out. Needless to say I screwed it up and shipped it off to be
>> repaired. This left me w/o my dear boingy bike for a few weeks so.......
>>
>> should be fun.
>>
>> Gary

> Here's what helps keep me in relative control and comfort. I have the
> 2.35 kenda kinetics at about 28lbs, and a fairly soft seat, and I stand
> a lot. Going up, and going down.... but I still love it. Not for all
> the time, now that Rev Titus has converted me to double-squish, but
> it's still fun once a week or so.
>
> Spin like a hamster, sting like a bee...
>
> CDB

28 lbs = mega pinchies for my big butt and lack of hardtail skills.

but it was way fun

I guess I could always through that White Bros 90mm (won in a raffle) on the
front and see if I like it any better......

Gary

GeeDubb wrote:
> "Paladin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > GeeDubb wrote:
> >> While in Palm Springs riding with probably the best group of riders I've
> >> ridden with I managed to do 6 miles or more downhill with my rear shock
> >> locked out. Needless to say I screwed it up and shipped it off to be
> >> repaired. This left me w/o my dear boingy bike for a few weeks so.......
> >>
> >> should be fun.
> >>
> >> Gary

> > Here's what helps keep me in relative control and comfort. I have the
> > 2.35 kenda kinetics at about 28lbs, and a fairly soft seat, and I stand
> > a lot. Going up, and going down.... but I still love it. Not for all
> > the time, now that Rev Titus has converted me to double-squish, but
> > it's still fun once a week or so.
> >
> > Spin like a hamster, sting like a bee...
> >
> > CDB
> >

> 28 lbs = mega pinchies for my big butt and lack of hardtail skills.
>
> but it was way fun
>
> I guess I could always through that White Bros 90mm (won in a raffle) on the
> front and see if I like it any better......
>
> Gary

Try a DH kinda tire with a thick sidewall. It'll allow you to run
lower pressures without pinch flatting so easily. The Inner Peace 2.4
Motoraptors on the Cha work really well that way.

JD