Re: Right, legs cleaned....wait...what?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by William Asher, Jun 21, 2008.

  1. Tags:

  2. Kyle Legate

    Kyle Legate Guest

  3. Bill C

    Bill C Guest

    On Jun 22, 5:48 am, Kyle Legate <[email protected]> wrote:
    > William Asher wrote:
    > > John Forrest Tomlinson <[email protected]> wrote in
    > >news:[email protected]:

    > >>http://www.grahamwatson.com/gw/imagedocs.nsf/PhotosTest/08suisseSt6-009
    > >> 000

    > > It's in the sponsor's contract, zero chainring tattoo tolerance.  You
    > > know, corporate image and all that.  I know because I read about it here.

    > Chainring tattoos are what's really making the sponsors leave the sport.

    I wonder if anyone has actually done that. Has anyone gotten the grime
    changed into permanent ink? Gotta be someone out there at a local race
    at least. I haven't seen it yet.
    Bill C

  4. RicodJour

    RicodJour Guest

  5. Donald Munro

    Donald Munro Guest

    RicodJour wrote:
    > http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=chainring tattoo

    This must have been a very dirty chainring:
    <http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2004/may04/WTC04/day3/SGdsc_2466.jpg>

  6. Bill C

    Bill C Guest

    On Jun 22, 12:56 pm, Donald Munro <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Bill C wrote:
    > >> I wonder if anyone has actually done that. Has anyone gotten the grime
    > >> changed into permanent ink? Gotta be someone out there at a local race
    > >> at least. I haven't seen it yet.

    > RicodJour wrote:
    > >http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=chainring tattoo

    > This must have been a very dirty chainring:
    > <http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2004/may04/WTC04/day3/SGdsc_2466.jpg>

    That one's really cool. Not something I'd get, but I like it a lot.
    Thanks for the stuff.
    Bill C

  7. Howard Kveck

    Howard Kveck Guest

    In article <[email protected]m>,
    RicodJour <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On Jun 22, 10:03 am, Bill C <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > > I wonder if anyone has actually done that. Has anyone gotten the grime
    > > changed into permanent ink? Gotta be someone out there at a local race
    > > at least. I haven't seen it yet.

    > http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=chainring tattoo

    The second picture on this page is the more interesting one:

    http://www.fixpert.com/2006/10/

    --
    tanx,
    Howard

    The bloody pubs are bloody dull
    The bloody clubs are bloody full
    Of bloody girls and bloody guys
    With bloody murder in their eyes

    remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

  8. On Sun, 22 Jun 2008 12:17:00 -0700 (PDT), Bill C
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >> RicodJour wrote:
    >> >http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=chainring tattoo

    >> This must have been a very dirty chainring:
    >> <http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2004/may04/WTC04/day3/SGdsc_2466.jpg>

    >That one's really cool. Not something I'd get, but I like it a lot.
    > Thanks for the stuff.

    Yeah, that's pretty neat.

  9. Howard Kveck

    Howard Kveck Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,

    > On Jun 22, 3:48 pm, John Forrest Tomlinson <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    > > On Sun, 22 Jun 2008 15:00:53 -0700, Howard Kveck
    > >
    > > <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > >The second picture on this page is the more interesting one:

    > > >http://www.fixpert.com/2006/10/

    > > O M G

    > That's from http://aistigave.hit.bg/Logistics/
    > which I think Jobst has posted before. I've certainly
    > spammed my friends with it before.

    Down the page is a shot of guys on a motorcycle carrying a mirror. This must be
    pretty common, as a friend got a couple shots of the same thing:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/themightynene/2484362394/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/themightynene/2483546963/

    --
    tanx,
    Howard

    The bloody pubs are bloody dull
    The bloody clubs are bloody full
    Of bloody girls and bloody guys
    With bloody murder in their eyes

    remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

  10. Kyle Legate <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > Chainring tattoos are what's really making the sponsors leave the
    > sport.

    That and stages that end in field sprints, which are gay.

    Bicycle racing needs to get back to its two founding principles:
    cleanliness and manliness.

    --
    Bill "Training for RBR July Madness" Asher

    p.s. I don't want to start a new thread for this, but if Pereiro had won
    the TdF last year, would that count as a virtual win for Landis? I'm
    trying to sort out a fantasy virtual cycling pool I'm running and am a
    little confused by all the D.Q.'s last year.

  11. Donald Munro

    Donald Munro Guest

    William Asher wrote:
    > Bicycle racing needs to get back to its two founding principles:
    > cleanliness and manliness.

    I clean my bike at least once a week. I don't shave (or wax) my nutsack.

    > p.s. I don't want to start a new thread for this, but if Pereiro had
    > won the TdF last year, would that count as a virtual win for Landis?
    > I'm trying to sort out a fantasy virtual cycling pool I'm running and am
    > a little confused by all the D.Q.'s last year.

    Have you considered buying one of these:
    <http://crave.cnet.com/8301-1_105-9971006-1.html>

    I'm sure LIVEDRUNK(tm) could provide the funding
    if the computer could spare a few petaflops to
    optimize cocktail mixing algorithms.

  12. In article <[email protected]>,
    Donald Munro <[email protected]> wrote:

    > William Asher wrote:
    > > Bicycle racing needs to get back to its two founding principles:
    > > cleanliness and manliness.

    > I clean my bike at least once a week. I don't shave (or wax) my nutsack.
    >
    > > p.s. I don't want to start a new thread for this, but if Pereiro had
    > > won the TdF last year, would that count as a virtual win for Landis?
    > > I'm trying to sort out a fantasy virtual cycling pool I'm running and am
    > > a little confused by all the D.Q.'s last year.

    > Have you considered buying one of these:
    > <http://crave.cnet.com/8301-1_105-9971006-1.html>
    >
    > I'm sure LIVEDRUNK(tm) could provide the funding
    > if the computer could spare a few petaflops to
    > optimize cocktail mixing algorithms.

    Dumbass: that's a heck of a big bike computer.

    Let me know when they allocate you some timeslices,

  13. Donald Munro wrote:

    > Have you considered buying one of these:
    > <http://crave.cnet.com/8301-1_105-9971006-1.html>

    I always wondered when IBM would come out with a computer that would
    finally make OS/2 the Windows-killer it was meant to be.

    --
    Bill Asher