Re: Rim brake heat and clincher blowoff, was Re: Potential good news for Mt. Washington access.

Frank Krygowski writes:

>> I am working on a test for blow-off. I made a valve stem pressure
>> sensor adapter that, when installed, opens the Presta valve to an
>> aneroid pressure sensor that sends its readings to a data-logger
>> (about the size of a deck of cards) that also reads a thermocouple
>> attached to the rim. The data logger is tied to the inside of the
>> wheel near the hub and has a USB connector to download test data to
>> a PC where it can be charted.

>> Not to worry, the results will be announced.

> Excellent!

> When you do this, please compare with a static pressure test of the
> same tire and rim at room temperature.

What do you mean by this. Inflation pressure is inflation pressure
whether the wheel is rotating or not. Whether the pump gauge and
wheel sensor are alike will show up from the start. Tires will be
inflated to 100psi before the test. The sensor will track temperature
from initial to final versus time.

Jobst Brandt
[email protected]