with the results.

From: [email protected] (Raymo853)

>I just want to add you should be willing to
>take your touring bike on trails. I do not
>mean rock gardens or anything like that
>but you would be surprised if well made
>how far off of pavement a good touring,
>or even good road racer type, bike can
>go. Much to the chagrin of some of my
>riding partners, I got no issues taking my
>road racing bike or what ever you should
>call it onto gravel, packed dirt and so on.
>Yea I run big heavy tires& wheels by
>today's standards, 25c conti gator skins
>and 28 spoke rims with crossed spokes,
>and have to true the wheels once in a
>while but am happy with the results.

Oh, I tackle gravel and dirt roads all the time. Well, not ALL the time,
but you know what i mean. I don't shirk from a little dirt.

By "trails" I mean REAL ATB type stuff, four inch high roots, big rocks,
things that really require fat tires and (preferably) suspension of some
kind.

- -

"May you have the wind at your back.
And a really low gear for the hills!"