Re: Road cycling etiquette question

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Tom Paterson, May 24, 2004.

  1. Tom Paterson

    Tom Paterson Guest

    >From: "Matt O'Toole"

    >Well, in many years of riding one is likely to encounter a few freaks. But
    >what
    >you're describing is just that -- freakish.

    Not "most common" but not at all so rare as to be freakish. Most common on
    bikepaths (dedicated narrow strips of paved byway) and "high-use" bike lanes.

    > I wouldn't base my personal policy
    >for dealing with others on a few freakish encounters. Besides, sometimes
    >they're the ones that make the best stories.

    I try to go with the situation. No "automatic" policy. But, lots of assholes
    are out there, including the jerks who used to buzz me when I was walking the
    dog while carrying or pushing my kids in a baby jogger. Not the usual, but
    certainly not at all rare. Stories? I have, thanks. --TP