Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion

Re: RR: Mooloolaba 1/5/05 (looong, sorry!)

Started by Tamyka Bell · · Last activity · 3 posts · 443 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Australia and New Zealand
Published
4 May 2005
Last activity
5 May 2005
Original author
Tamyka Bell
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
443
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Absent Husband said:

    CYCLE: (finally!!) (1 x 40km loop on the Sunshine Motorway)
    Was very happy to finally be on the bike. I knew I was near the rear of
    the field in the final wave of the day, so there wouldn't be many
    behind me. As I took off through the back streets of Mooloolaba up the
    hill to Buderim Ave, about half a dozen cyclists sped past me. I
    consoled myself that none of them had just done a swim as well, but
    figured I could chase some down as they day went on...

    I saw you heading out of transition, and it took me about 5 seconds to
    remember your real name, which was pretty funny. I guess you didn't hear
    me though. Good report, and despite what those win-or-lose types say, it's
    the lessons that are the most important part of the race. My best race
    wasn't the one where everything went perfect but rather the one where
    everything went to poo really quickly but I fixed it to a workable plan.

    Tam

    PS See you saturday

  2. Hi Tam,

    Kept half an eye out for you as I rode through Mooloolaba - but in
    between all the dissociative mental meanderings and laughter at my
    ineptness, I obviously missed you!!

    I think I did hear a, "Go Paul!" at a couple of points post-transition,
    but had no idea where it came from....

    How was the "Tour de Hinterland"???

    Cheers,
    AH

  3. Absent Husband said:


    Hi Tam,

    Kept half an eye out for you as I rode through Mooloolaba - but in
    between all the dissociative mental meanderings and laughter at my
    ineptness, I obviously missed you!!

    I think I did hear a, "Go Paul!" at a couple of points post-transition,
    but had no idea where it came from....

    How was the "Tour de Hinterland"???

    Cheers,
    AH

    Gorgeous sunrise, but somewhere around Landsborough my bum started
    letting me know I hadn't really prepared for such a long time in the
    saddle, hadn't really built up to it. Last stretch into Mooloolaba we
    could see the cyclists on the motorway from the early wave starts, plus
    this is the best bit of the ride as it's very fast on hotmix.

    For a good chunk of it I sat on Matt's wheel because he's faster then
    me. There were only 2 very dark sections of road where we had to slow
    down, lights most of the way until dawn.

    Pics are at http://tamyka.myphotoalbum.com/

    Email me sometime to let me know final details for the ride, and also
    how are you getting to the start point?

    Tam

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.