rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Re: RTL: Ranking for non-geared teams

Started by genbirch · · Last activity · 3 posts · 1,242 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
26 June 2008
Last activity
27 June 2008
Original author
genbirch
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,242
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. mscalisi said:


    Probably the main reason I chose a 36er over a 29er is that it still
    feels more 36er-y. This is to say, it's a more comfortable ride. It's
    less nimble, but more forgiving.

    Ditto. I love the feel and vantage point of the 36. There was no way I
    was going to give that up for safety or convenience.

    --
    genbirch
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    genbirch's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14788
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/70892

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  2. genbirch said:

    Ditto. I love the feel and vantage point of the 36. There was no way I
    was going to give that up for safety or convenience.

    In terms of safety, I think one reason I broke my leg on a 29" Schlumpf
    when the gear slipped was because as soon as it did, my leg got planted
    on the ground at 30km/hr. The legs are so much closer to the ground
    that you don't get much of a choice of where it goes.

    You might land from higher up, but hopefully more gracefully on a 36"
    Sclumpf.

    --
    GizmoDuck

    The Uninam Tour 2008.....Hanoi to Saigon!!! www.uninam.net

    The SINZ Unicycle Tour 2007....South Island, New Zealand
    www.sinzuni.org

    The Induni Unicycle Tour 2009. Unicycle Tour of India. Email me for
    details.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    GizmoDuck's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/794
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/70892

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  3. GizmoDuck said:

    In terms of safety, I think one reason I broke my leg on a 29" Schlumpf
    when the gear slipped was because as soon as it did, my leg got planted
    on the ground at 30km/hr. The legs are so much closer to the ground
    that you don't get much of a choice of where it goes.

    You might land from higher up, but hopefully more gracefully on a 36"
    Sclumpf.

    For what its worth, I have crashed at 19-20mph (30km +). I was just too
    sleepy riding to work one morning, and leaned a little too far forward
    and fell -- I took two huge/fast steps and hit the ground with my
    hands. Luckily, my gloves protected them. I bent my handlebar, but
    everything else was fine. I did get a tiny scrape on my hand and knee,
    but that was it. I was pretty lucky for sure!

    corbin

    --
    corbin

    http://www.corbinstreehouse.com
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    corbin's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7561
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/70892

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.