Re: Running with a metronome

bluezfolk

Guest
About 20 years ago I had a Casio runners watch that supposedly
measured your mileage, you put in your stride length and set the pace
(which beeped constantly) and it told you how far you'd gone. It was
extremely annoying, I don't think I used that pace setting more than 2
or 3 times. AFAIK they gave up on that model rather quickly, so I
guess it wasn't a popular feature.

Eric

bluezfolk wrote:
> About 20 years ago I had a Casio runners watch that supposedly
> measured your mileage, you put in your stride length and set the pace
> (which beeped constantly) and it told you how far you'd gone. It was
> extremely annoying, I don't think I used that pace setting more than 2
> or 3 times. AFAIK they gave up on that model rather quickly, so I
> guess it wasn't a popular feature.
>
> Eric

When I first ran the London Marathon in 1983 there were loads of
runners with beeping watches. Bloody annoying they were too. However,
if you set them to "beep" at between 180-190 bpm then you'll get the
same cadence as a "real" runner. Now all you need to do is to increase
your stride length to match Haile's and you too will be winning in
Rotterdam.

Edward

On 24 Mar 2006 03:23:25 -0800, [email protected] wrote:

>When I first ran the London Marathon in 1983 there were loads of
>runners with beeping watches. Bloody annoying they were too. However,
>if you set them to "beep" at between 180-190 bpm then you'll get the
>same cadence as a "real" runner. Now all you need to do is to increase
>your stride length to match Haile's and you too will be winning in
>Rotterdam.
>
>Edward

Another retarded englishman.

I was already a master when Haile was transitioning from crawling to
walking, the next time I run at 180-190 bpm will be the last run before
that big loop in the sky.

Eric

On 25 Mar 2006 11:26:58 -0800, "bluezfolk" <[email protected]> wrote:

> the next time I run at 180-190 bpm will be the last run before
>that big loop in the sky.

Maybe if I threaten to very easily hurt you physically (but I won't)
it'll help you on to that run.

John "helpful" Hanson