Re: Running with a metronome

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by bluezfolk, Mar 23, 2006.

  1. bluezfolk

    bluezfolk Guest

    About 20 years ago I had a Casio runners watch that supposedly
    measured your mileage, you put in your stride length and set the pace
    (which beeped constantly) and it told you how far you'd gone. It was
    extremely annoying, I don't think I used that pace setting more than 2
    or 3 times. AFAIK they gave up on that model rather quickly, so I
    guess it wasn't a popular feature.

    Eric
     
    Tags:


  2. bluezfolk wrote:
    > About 20 years ago I had a Casio runners watch that supposedly
    > measured your mileage, you put in your stride length and set the pace
    > (which beeped constantly) and it told you how far you'd gone. It was
    > extremely annoying, I don't think I used that pace setting more than 2
    > or 3 times. AFAIK they gave up on that model rather quickly, so I
    > guess it wasn't a popular feature.
    >
    > Eric


    When I first ran the London Marathon in 1983 there were loads of
    runners with beeping watches. Bloody annoying they were too. However,
    if you set them to "beep" at between 180-190 bpm then you'll get the
    same cadence as a "real" runner. Now all you need to do is to increase
    your stride length to match Haile's and you too will be winning in
    Rotterdam.

    Edward
     
  3. On 24 Mar 2006 03:23:25 -0800, [email protected] wrote:

    >When I first ran the London Marathon in 1983 there were loads of
    >runners with beeping watches. Bloody annoying they were too. However,
    >if you set them to "beep" at between 180-190 bpm then you'll get the
    >same cadence as a "real" runner. Now all you need to do is to increase
    >your stride length to match Haile's and you too will be winning in
    >Rotterdam.
    >
    >Edward


    Another retarded englishman.
     
  4. bluezfolk

    bluezfolk Guest

    I was already a master when Haile was transitioning from crawling to
    walking, the next time I run at 180-190 bpm will be the last run before
    that big loop in the sky.

    Eric
     
  5. On 25 Mar 2006 11:26:58 -0800, "bluezfolk" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > the next time I run at 180-190 bpm will be the last run before
    >that big loop in the sky.


    Maybe if I threaten to very easily hurt you physically (but I won't)
    it'll help you on to that run.

    John "helpful" Hanson
     
Loading...
Loading...