Re: Sad news re Sheldon Brown



[email protected] wrote:
> wafflycat wrote:
> > "Colin Nelson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> > > http://sheldonbrown.org/journal/health.html
> > >
> > > Best Wishes and good luck Sheldon
> > >
> > > Colin N.
> > >
> > >

> >
> > Indeed it's not good news for Sheldon. Undoubtedly he'll have the good vibes
> > of zillions of cyclists heading his way. Hoping that the well-wishes of
> > cyclists does at least give him cheer.

>
> http://sheldonbrown.org/journal/health.html


Just a repeat, since Google is giving message-not-found errors for the
cross-post to RBT
 
A

andy

Guest
So sorry to hear. Good Luck Sheldon.

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>
> wafflycat wrote:
>> "Colin Nelson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]
>> > http://sheldonbrown.org/journal/health.html
>> >
>> > Best Wishes and good luck Sheldon
>> >
>> > Colin N.
>> >
>> >

>>
>> Indeed it's not good news for Sheldon. Undoubtedly he'll have the good
>> vibes
>> of zillions of cyclists heading his way. Hoping that the well-wishes of
>> cyclists does at least give him cheer.

>
> http://sheldonbrown.org/journal/health.html
>


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users.
It has removed 859 spam emails to date.
Paying users do not have this message in their emails.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!
 
D

Donald Gillies

Guest
Best wishes, Sheldon. One of the main people on the web who has
greatly rekindled my interest in bicycling. Our hearts and minds go
with you.

- Don Gillies
San Diego, CA
 
M

Marcus Coles

Guest
Sheldon Brown has done more for my understanding of the bicycle and
cycling enjoyment than any other person. I can't think of how much
money, frustration and greasy handed hours his writings have saved me.

I like thousands of others worldwide want to see the smiling face with
the kool-aid orange beard back on the bike.

I'm hoping for a stem cell therapy breakthrough and praying for a
miracle even if Sheldon doesn't even believe in gods, angels or the FSM.


Marcus
 
J

Jim Flom

Guest
"Marcus Coles" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Sheldon Brown has done more for my understanding of the bicycle and
> cycling enjoyment than any other person. I can't think of how much money,
> frustration and greasy handed hours his writings have saved me.
>
> I like thousands of others worldwide want to see the smiling face with the
> kool-aid orange beard back on the bike.
>
> I'm hoping for a stem cell therapy breakthrough and praying for a miracle
> even if Sheldon doesn't even believe in gods, angels or the FSM.


Another reason to do MS rides, aside from my relatives. The next one's for
you, Sheldon.

Jim
 
G

G.T.

Guest
<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>
> [email protected] wrote:
> > wafflycat wrote:
> > > "Colin Nelson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]
> > > > http://sheldonbrown.org/journal/health.html
> > > >
> > > > Best Wishes and good luck Sheldon
> > > >
> > > > Colin N.
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > > Indeed it's not good news for Sheldon. Undoubtedly he'll have the good

vibes
> > > of zillions of cyclists heading his way. Hoping that the well-wishes

of
> > > cyclists does at least give him cheer.

> >
> > http://sheldonbrown.org/journal/health.html

>
> Just a repeat, since Google is giving message-not-found errors for the
> cross-post to RBT
>


Damn.

Why can't this type of stuff strike down the arsonists who started the
Esperanza fire rather than the good guys? Clearly there is no God.

Greg
 
G.T. wrote:
> <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> Damn.
>
> Why can't this type of stuff strike down the arsonists who started the
> Esperanza fire rather than the good guys? Clearly there is no God.
>


Or, he/she/it doesn't dole out rewards as we'd like. At least, not in
this lifetime.

Sheldon deserves rewards.

- Frank Krygowski
 
G

G.T.

Guest
[email protected] wrote:
>
> Sheldon deserves rewards.
>


Very true.

Greg
--
"All my time I spent in heaven
Revelries of dance and wine
Waking to the sound of laughter
Up I'd rise and kiss the sky" - The Mekons
 
D

damyth

Guest
[email protected] wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
> > wafflycat wrote:
> > > "Colin Nelson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]
> > > > http://sheldonbrown.org/journal/health.html
> > > >
> > > > Best Wishes and good luck Sheldon
> > > >
> > > > Colin N.
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > > Indeed it's not good news for Sheldon. Undoubtedly he'll have the good vibes
> > > of zillions of cyclists heading his way. Hoping that the well-wishes of
> > > cyclists does at least give him cheer.

> >
> > http://sheldonbrown.org/journal/health.html

>
> Just a repeat, since Google is giving message-not-found errors for the
> cross-post to RBT


Wow, I had no idea (I didn't follow Sheldon's blogs). However, one of
Sheldon's pictures from this year's Interbike did strike me as a bit
peculiar, that of his rental "motorized" vehicle. At the time I just
thought he sprained/broke his leg, and needed some ambulatory
assistance.

If you're reading this Sheldon, I want you to know that more than
anyone else, you have been responsible for getting me back on the bike
after a long hiatus (off my fat ass), and rekindling my interest in
bikes once again. It is indeed a perverse universe which we live that
you, of all people would be diagnosed and afflicted with MS. Good
wishes to you and your family.
 
C

* * Chas

Guest
"Donald Gillies" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Best wishes, Sheldon. One of the main people on the web who has
> greatly rekindled my interest in bicycling. Our hearts and minds go
> with you.
>
> - Don Gillies
> San Diego, CA


BUMMER!

I recently started riding again this spring after a 5 year break due to
health issues. Since I was a little kid, cycling has always been one of
those simple joys in life and something that keeps me inspired and
energized.

Good luck Sheldon, your web site has brought me a lot of chuckles plus
great technical information. I admire the amount of effort that you've
put into it. Thanks.

Chas.
 
J

JeffWills

Guest
Marcus Coles wrote:
> Sheldon Brown has done more for my understanding of the bicycle and
> cycling enjoyment than any other person. I can't think of how much
> money, frustration and greasy handed hours his writings have saved me.
>
> I like thousands of others worldwide want to see the smiling face with
> the kool-aid orange beard back on the bike.
>
> I'm hoping for a stem cell therapy breakthrough and praying for a
> miracle even if Sheldon doesn't even believe in gods, angels or the FSM.
>
>
> Marcus


The Flying Spagetti Monster can cure MS? Wait until Congress hears
about this...

Best wishes, Sheldon. Since I'm dealing with my own chronic condition
(Type 1 diabetes), I have a little sense of what's going on with you
right now.

I also want to give you credit for reigniting my interest in Sturmey
three-speeds. Once I get the project finished, I'll post pictures.

Jeff
 
L

Luke

Guest
In article <[email protected]>,
<[email protected]> wrote:

> wafflycat wrote:
> > "Colin Nelson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> > > http://sheldonbrown.org/journal/health.html
> > >
> > > Best Wishes and good luck Sheldon
> > >
> > > Colin N.
> > >
> > >

> >
> > Indeed it's not good news for Sheldon. Undoubtedly he'll have the good vibes
> > of zillions of cyclists heading his way. Hoping that the well-wishes of
> > cyclists does at least give him cheer.

>
> http://sheldonbrown.org/journal/health.html
>


Add these electrons to those wishing Sheldon well and thanking him for
enriching our world. I expect he'll continue to do so for many more
years yet.

Luke
 
R

RS

Guest
In article <301020060039299072%[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...
>
>
>In article <[email protected]>,
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> wafflycat wrote:
>> > "Colin Nelson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> > news:[email protected]
>> > > http://sheldonbrown.org/journal/health.html
>> > >
>> > > Best Wishes and good luck Sheldon
>> > >
>> > > Colin N.
>> > >
>> > >
>> >
>> > Indeed it's not good news for Sheldon. Undoubtedly he'll have the good

vibes
>> > of zillions of cyclists heading his way. Hoping that the well-wishes of
>> > cyclists does at least give him cheer.

>>
>> http://sheldonbrown.org/journal/health.html
>>

>
>Add these electrons to those wishing Sheldon well and thanking him for
>enriching our world. I expect he'll continue to do so for many more
>years yet.
>
>Luke

Since taking up cycling about 2 years ago at the ripe old age of 56 I've come to
rely on Sheldon's site. The Internet certainly has made the world a smaller
place. I feel a sense of sadness and wish Sheldon all the best and hope he and
his family find the strenth and support from the many friends they certainly
must have.
 
S

Smokey

Guest
[email protected] wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
> > wafflycat wrote:
> > > "Colin Nelson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]
> > > > http://sheldonbrown.org/journal/health.html
> > > >
> > > > Best Wishes and good luck Sheldon
> > > >
> > > > Colin N.
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > > Indeed it's not good news for Sheldon. Undoubtedly he'll have the good vibes
> > > of zillions of cyclists heading his way. Hoping that the well-wishes of
> > > cyclists does at least give him cheer.

> >
> > http://sheldonbrown.org/journal/health.html

>
> Just a repeat, since Google is giving message-not-found errors for the
> cross-post to RBT


Sheldon and his website have been an important part of my bicycling
education. I wish him only the best and my thoughts go out to him and
his family.

Smokey
 
M

Michael Wileman

Guest
In <[email protected]> [email protected] writes:


>wafflycat wrote:
>> "Colin Nelson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]
>> > http://sheldonbrown.org/journal/health.html
>> >
>> > Best Wishes and good luck Sheldon
>> >
>> > Colin N.
>> >
>> >

>>
>> Indeed it's not good news for Sheldon. Undoubtedly he'll have the good vibes
>> of zillions of cyclists heading his way. Hoping that the well-wishes of
>> cyclists does at least give him cheer.


>http://sheldonbrown.org/journal/health.html


Good luck, Sheldon. Lots of people here will be thinking of
you.

Mike
 
S

Solvang Cyclist

Guest
"* * Chas" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> I recently started riding again this spring after a 5 year break due to
> health issues. Since I was a little kid, cycling has always been one of
> those simple joys in life and something that keeps me inspired and
> energized.
>
> Good luck Sheldon, your web site has brought me a lot of chuckles plus
> great technical information. I admire the amount of effort that you've
> put into it. Thanks.
>


I too have only recently started riding again after first a lack of
motivation and then a battle with cancer. I'm now in remission and that
has rekindled my enthusiasm.

I was pleased to recently discover Sheldon's web site. I have enjoyed
many hours of reading is articles and there is no question that Mr. Brown
has inspired many riders.

I can only wish him the best and thank him for what he has given to our
sport.

David