Re: Saddle Bag Recommendations

JohnB

Guest
dannyfrankszzz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I go out on rides, I currently use a waist bag (***** pack).
> However, not only is this slightly uncomfortable to wear but I have
> also noticed that this has tended to induce a need to urinate (pressure
> on the bladder).
>
> So, I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good saddlebag that
> would be able to incorporate the necessaries such as a spare inner
> tube, mini pump, tyre levers, foldaway waterproof, puncture repair kit
> and maybe an energy bar/mobile phone should the need arise.
>
> I'd need it to be not too big so that my rear light could still appear
> below it.

Assuming you have a carrier, I'd recommend you went for a Rack Pack
rather than a saddlebag as they are more stable on the bike.
Saddlebags can have a tendency to sway from side to side especially if
you put heavy items in the side pockets or honk when climbing. They can
also sag.
They come in various sizes and makes but Altura make a good range.

Of course if you plump for a saddlebag you'll need plus fours and a
regulation pipe to go with it ;-)

John B