Re: SaddleCo road saddles

Marc

Guest
Hi
I picked up a SaddleCo saddle a couple of months ago and like it a
lot. Looks good, and feels good. I weigh in at about 180 and have no
problems although my longest ride since purchasing the saddle was only
a couple of hours. The only other saddle I really feel comfortable on
is a Brooks Swift but I wanted to try a saddle that was less
susceptible to water damage. Hope this helps
Marc

Marc said:
Hi
I picked up a SaddleCo saddle a couple of months ago and like it a
lot. Looks good, and feels good. I weigh in at about 180 and have no
problems although my longest ride since purchasing the saddle was only
a couple of hours. The only other saddle I really feel comfortable on
is a Brooks Swift but I wanted to try a saddle that was less
susceptible to water damage. Hope this helps
Marc

"mtoverton" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Hey roadies,
> Does anyone know where I might find some feedback about SaddleCo's saddles?
> I have looked at roadbikereview.com and can't seem to come up with anything.
> Any one of you riding on one? What's the skinny? The concept sounds good if
> you are a rider under 180 lbs (can't quite remember the weight limit but
> there is one). Do they live up to their claim of no pressure where it isn't
> wanted despite the fact that there are no "cutouts" etc.? Durability might
> be a factor with them too. The airflow concept is catchy too...as in air
> flows to your butt on the long hot rides...and I guess the short cold ones
> too! mto
I just tried my new Flow recently for 50 miles..it was mostly very good, but I did have a problem with rubbing from the frame - like my weight (155#) was forcing me down on the frame. I understand it's an adjustment problem, so I will try again shortly...
The weight limit is 200#.
It's a sweet looking saddle, and the feel is great...I just hope I can adjust it so I don't rub on the frame. I emailed the mfgr but have no reply (1 week ago).
In summary, "the jury is still out" as far as I'm concerned..

I will update if and when I get this right. Most posts and opinions I have read have been very good - that's why I bought it..

Good luck

aytchkay
in chicago