General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Re: Scramling in the Beacons

Started by Paul Saunders · · Last activity · 3 posts · 138 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
25 March 2007
Last activity
26 March 2007
Original author
Paul Saunders
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
138
Views / 30 days
7

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Rudi Winter said:

    Paul Saunders <[email hidden]> wrote:
    [about Dinas hill]

    Quoted message said:

    Great place isn't it? Have you been on the top?

    No, I only circled round the base as a southerly extension when I did
    a walk over Cefn Cnwcheithinog and back up the Doethie valley,
    starting from Blaendoethie. Cefn Cnwcheithinog is a bit of a drain
    as it is rather scrubby, so I was content with just putting one foot
    in front of the other...

    Yes, those grassy tops can be a bit of a drag. I tend to skirt around them
    and stick to the valleys if possible. The valleys are generally more
    interesting than the tops in that part of Mid-Wales. Afon Pysgotwr is
    brilliant, but not walkable up to Pwll Uffern due to the steep gorge.

    Quoted message said:

    Thanks, I'll try that one out and have a look at the cave. Good job
    the days are getting longer again now; it takes ages to get there!

    Ages from where? Blaendoethie? Or from where you live? I generally park just
    north of Ystradffin and walk through the nature reserve to get there,
    although there is another car park to the south.

    Paul
    --
    http://www.wilderness-wales.co.uk

  2. Paul Saunders said:

    Yes, those grassy tops can be a bit of a drag. I tend to skirt around them
    and stick to the valleys if possible. The valleys are generally more
    interesting than the tops in that part of Mid-Wales. Afon Pysgotwr is
    brilliant, but not walkable up to Pwll Uffern due to the steep gorge.

    Yes, that's why I went over the top of the hill... I've never seen Pysgotwr
    after heavy rain, but it must be spectacular!

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Thanks, I'll try that one out and have a look at the cave. Good job
    the days are getting longer again now; it takes ages to get there!

    Ages from where? Blaendoethie? Or from where you live? I generally park just
    north of Ystradffin and walk through the nature reserve to get there,
    although there is another car park to the south.

    Ages to Blaendoethie (from here). Ystradffin is the wrong side of the
    hills from where I am...
    --
    Rudi Winter, Aberystwyth, Wales

  3. Rudi Winter said:

    Yes, that's why I went over the top of the hill... I've never seen
    Pysgotwr after heavy rain, but it must be spectacular!

    Yeah I bet. You really should see Pysgotwr from the top of Dinas, it's a
    great viewpoint.

    Quoted message said:

    Ages to Blaendoethie (from here). Ystradffin is the wrong side of the
    hills from where I am...

    Ah, I see.

    Paul
    --
    http://www.wilderness-wales.co.uk

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.