Re: Scusa Mi (restaurant in Melbourne Australia)

Ms Leebee

Guest
Staycalm wrote:
> I was talking about this place in a discussion with Pandora about
> fabulous risotto with duck and porcini mushrooms. If you ever dine in
> Melbourne I can recommend it but bring Visa! I love drooling over the
> sample menu. http://www.scusami.com.au/
>
> Liz (crossposting to the new aus.food which starts today!)

I love drooling over most online menus ;)
Reminds me of a time we ate out more often, rather than ordering in ;P

The last time I ate at Scusa Me was before the k.d lang / Tony Bennett
concert when I was pregnant.
We'd bolted home from work and had to zip straight over. No worries, says
I, we'll have a bite at Southbank and walk to the Arts centre from there ..
it was a mid-week, so I thought we'd be fine.

Anyway, all the restaurants were PACKED. There was a few other things going
on in town, so everyone was out and about. Went into Scusa Me after seeing
a tiny table for 2 free. We nabbed it, and I explained our now-dilemma ( we
had to eat and go in like, 20minutes tops ! ). The waiter didn't even
blink. I told him we'd eat whatever we were told to, so he had a quick word
to the kitchen, and pointed out a few selections for our consideration.
Ever so helpful.

We had a fabby quick entree each, tipped well, and dashed off to enjoy the
show.
Was a fabulous night ;)

--
aus.food passes 79:6 !