rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Re: Seat angle adjustment 101

Started by Krashin'Kenny · · Last activity · 5 posts · 370 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
12 September 2004
Last activity
13 September 2004
Original author
Krashin'Kenny
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
370
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. After riding my homebuilt MUni frame for a little over a month, I've
    decided that I really like the feel of the Kris Holm saddle when the
    nose is tilted up. Here's how I acheived raising the nose of the saddle
    on my Coker. First, I took an old seatpost and cut a 3/16" groove about
    2/3 of the way around it from the back. Next, I pressed down on the
    seatpost to close the gap and then welded the seam closed

    +----------------------------------------------------------------+
    | Attachment filename: angled seatpost weld.jpg |
    |Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/234257|
    +----------------------------------------------------------------+

    --
    Krashin'Kenny - Crash Tested

    If you ain't crashing, you ain't going fast enough!!!!!!!!!!!

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Krashin'Kenny's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3420
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/35030

  2. Here's a pic comparing a stock seatpost angle and the modified post

    +----------------------------------------------------------------+
    | Attachment filename: angled seatposts.jpg |
    |Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/234258|
    +----------------------------------------------------------------+

    --
    Krashin'Kenny - Crash Tested

    If you ain't crashing, you ain't going fast enough!!!!!!!!!!!

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Krashin'Kenny's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3420
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/35030

  3. With the stock seatpost, the saddle was parallel to the handle. This is
    how the saddle now sets on the modified post

    +----------------------------------------------------------------+
    | Attachment filename: coker kh.jpg |
    |Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/234260|
    +----------------------------------------------------------------+

    --
    Krashin'Kenny - Crash Tested

    If you ain't crashing, you ain't going fast enough!!!!!!!!!!!

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Krashin'Kenny's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3420
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/35030

  4. Very clever, well done!

    --
    andrew_carter - Quit jivin' me, turkey!

    HTTP://WWW.UNICYCLIST.COM/GALLERY/ANDREW
    carter.andrew (at) gmail (dot) com
    http://www.unicycles.com.au
    Unicycling Tips and Tutorials - http://www.unicycle.2ya.com
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    andrew_carter's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1052
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/35030

  5. Good job. I've actualy had that idea for a while but can't weld.

    But that will all be fixed soon since I'm starting a welding class next
    week and buying a welder at some point.

    --
    Contender - Roman Allemann
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Contender's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7825
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/35030

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.