Re: Seatpost suffering a minor setback

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by jim beam, Dec 11, 2005.

  1. jim beam

    jim beam Guest

    Ivar Hesselager wrote:
    > I have for long been wanting a seatpost with a major setback; just half
    > an inch more than what I have, would be fine (for the steepest climbs.)
    >
    > And luckily today I found an inch long crack in my carbon seatpost. So
    > now I must buy a new one - for safety reasons. ;-(
    > Searching my favourite webstores I have found a FSA K-Force Carbon post
    > which is claimed to have a 3.5 cm setback: But I'm no sure if that is
    > enough.
    >
    > So now I need to know, how to measure setback on my present seatpost.
    >
    > One way would be to measure the distance from the center of the tube
    > (post) to the center of the clutch (is that the correct English term
    > for the device that clutches the rails of the saddle?)
    > Another - and more relevant - measure would be the distance from the
    > FRONT end of the ae... clutch to the center of the tube.
    >
    > Q1: Is there an acknowledged standard description for seatpost setbacks?
    >
    > Q2: Can anyone recommend a good seatpost with a big setback?
    >
    > Kindly
    >
    > Ivar of Denmark
    >
    > (pardon my English)

    what was your original post? easton carbon posts have generous setback
    and have been very reliable for me. i'm no lightweight.

    Tags:

  2. Sun, 11 Dec 2005 15:48:57 -0800, jim beam <[email protected]> skrev:

    > what was your original post? easton carbon posts have generous setback
    > and have been very reliable for me. i'm no lightweight.

    My present seatpost seem is a Max's system/Summit (can't find that on the
    web) has a 2.5 cm setback - according to Phil's definition - and I want at
    least another cm.
    Easton EC 70 does seem to have that extra.

    Thanks for the tip

    Ivar
    --
    Sendt med Operas banebrydende nyhedsgruppe-
    og e-postklient: http://www.opera.com/m2/