Re: Seatpost suffering a minor setback

jim beam

Guest
Ivar Hesselager wrote:
> I have for long been wanting a seatpost with a major setback; just half
> an inch more than what I have, would be fine (for the steepest climbs.)
>
> And luckily today I found an inch long crack in my carbon seatpost. So
> now I must buy a new one - for safety reasons. ;-(
> Searching my favourite webstores I have found a FSA K-Force Carbon post
> which is claimed to have a 3.5 cm setback: But I'm no sure if that is
> enough.
>
> So now I need to know, how to measure setback on my present seatpost.
>
> One way would be to measure the distance from the center of the tube
> (post) to the center of the clutch (is that the correct English term
> for the device that clutches the rails of the saddle?)
> Another - and more relevant - measure would be the distance from the
> FRONT end of the ae... clutch to the center of the tube.
>
> Q1: Is there an acknowledged standard description for seatpost setbacks?
>
> Q2: Can anyone recommend a good seatpost with a big setback?
>
> Kindly
>
> Ivar of Denmark
>
> (pardon my English)

what was your original post? easton carbon posts have generous setback
and have been very reliable for me. i'm no lightweight.

Sun, 11 Dec 2005 15:48:57 -0800, jim beam <[email protected]> skrev:

> what was your original post? easton carbon posts have generous setback
> and have been very reliable for me. i'm no lightweight.

My present seatpost seem is a Max's system/Summit (can't find that on the
web) has a 2.5 cm setback - according to Phil's definition - and I want at
least another cm.
Easton EC 70 does seem to have that extra.

Thanks for the tip

Ivar
--
Sendt med Operas banebrydende nyhedsgruppe-
og e-postklient: http://www.opera.com/m2/